• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Looking forward to driving up to Doncaster tomorow, evening in the travelodge then I’m going along to Skegness for a night then back down to Great Yarmouth for a night, make the most of a few days off, am I mad:Happy:

Not in the slightest - safe journey(s) and wrap up warm, it's going to be a bit nippy. Win or lose, have a great few days off :Thumbs up:

Never heard of her, who is she?.
I think she's brilliant - she adores the Tudor period, which is also my favourite era - and brings it all to life so well. Did another programme over Christmas about Henry VIII.

crop_195741225_Getty%20Images%20Contributor_Oxford%20Literary%20Festival.jpg

Top trump you with Suzanne Lipscombe, brilliant historian, speaker and writer/presenter

Great two parter documentary/play on the wifes of Henry VIII worth a viewing if into Tudor era

a3d1d06daaeb3c9932d7adf0fc4a0935803bb170.jpg
There was one of hers on on Saturday night, she's good but she's not got Lucy's fun and frivolous approach to Henry. And the Henry in her one was dark haired, which was clearly an inaccuracy!

The cameramen must queue up to film for Suzannah - check out the number of butt shots in her shows. With Lucy, she's great and will do anything historical if it means she has a chance to dress up. Great historians both ?

Last edited:
I think she's brilliant - she adores the Tudor period, which is also my favourite era - and brings it all to life so well. Did another programme over Christmas about Henry VIII.

crop_195741225_Getty%20Images%20Contributor_Oxford%20Literary%20Festival.jpg

Thanks OBL, but still never heard of her, or even recognise her pic. Guess i'll just crawl back into my cave, & cook myself some more fish!!.

My laptop screen. It's just had a good screen clean and it's now looking mighty fine! I hadn't realised how many times I'd sneezed on it or stuck greasy fingers on it. Yuk!

Back