• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I hope it works out ok for you @MK Shrimper. What happens if you don't get the new position, are your trains boats now burnt at NR?

No, I don't have to accept VR (and neither does NR - it's over a year's salary). It'll give me plenty of grace to find another job...though the stickler is if it comes in time for me to leave NR and then start the new role IF they offer it. They may not like waiting as I'm not sure how long the process takes.

I suggest you check your contract to see if there is a "mobility clause". This can mean that if they offer "suitable alternative employment" but it is miles away you could be deemed to have made yourself redundant if you refuse it. Definitely one to take up with a union if you are in one.

I very much doubt the railways are unionised...

Fresh orange juice, hot croissants paired with crispy bacon in one and marmalade in the other and then finished off with a bodum of coffee. Sunday morning bliss.

A traditional sunday league club triumphing against a youtube team. Priory Sports FC, the most successful team in the history of the Chelmsford sunday league, who have had greats like Paul Parker, Micky Droy and Alan Brazil play for us in the past and have been managed by Gary Hill. Priory beat Hashtag United FC in the quarter finals of the Essex premier cup yesterday and took another step towards reclaiming our title of best sunday league team in Essex. We won it in 2017/18 but we registered a day late for 18/19 so couldn't defend it. Safely into the semis and hope that Duckpond FC win their quarter and semi so that we can beat them in the final, claiming to be the best team in Essex even though they have never won the county cup and they had that embarrassing bus parade after winning the Colchester sunday league https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-48649359 the fact they are from the Colchester league should have all Shrimpers on our side.

Just emailed off my voluntary redundancy form. Fingers crossed.

Good luck. I've been made redundant twice in my career and both times I would say it was the best thing that could have happened.

The first one allowed me to spend some of the money on flying lessons!

Good luck. I've been made redundant twice in my career and both times I would say it was the best thing that could have happened.

The first one allowed me to spend some of the money on flying lessons!

Peronally, never regretted being made redundant by the business school I used to work for in Barna.Going freelance was the best thing I ever did in my professional life for far too many reasons to mention.

Yep it's time to throw away the safety blanket. Had another enquiry about my availability this morning, still waiting on the call from Friday. Touch wood it all goes through and I leave with over a year's moolah on the friday and walk into a new position on the monday. :Winking2:

Back