• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

We are all hoping you find an an employer with an electronic communications acceptable use policy.

Me too. Can you imagine a Shrimperzone without MK Shrimper? A chill just run through Cricko - but he's used to that as they don't supply enough blankets in the care home.

Our 36th wedding anniversary today.We're off later to celebrate at the restaurant in Rouldemous where the wedding reception was held.Hats off to those who came over from the UK and stayed at Cebazan,including 4 Shrimpers,among them our very own Rob Noxious.

Our 36th wedding anniversary today.We're off later to celebrate at the restaurant in Rouldemous where the wedding reception was held.Hats off to those who came over from the UK and stayed at Cebazan,including 4 Shrimpers,among them our very own Rob Noxious.
Congratulations to you both - have a lovely day!

She must be one hell of a woman to put up with you comrade :ROFL:

Seriously well done chap, quite an achievement.

Not a bad idea but they said they weren't interested years ago as it was not viable. Another big hitter (can't remember if it was the East Anglican pub company or the estuary group) got involved then baled out when they deemed it unprofitable. Having watched with increasing dismay at the cost and complexity of the structural repairs the developer might have been better to knock it down and start again.

Not a bad idea but they said they weren't interested years ago as it was not viable. Another big hitter (can't remember if it was the East Anglican pub company or the estuary group) got involved then baled out when they deemed it unprofitable. Having watched with increasing dismay at the cost and complexity of the structural repairs the developer might have been better to knock it down and start again.

It's a listed building. Knocking it down is not an option and obviously renovation will be very costly.

It's locally listed. Even if it were Grade 2 listed it could still be demolished but the procedure is a bit more complicated. St Erkanwalds church was Grade 2 but sadly no more. As anyone who's had an old house knows you never know what you'll find when you start looking and it's usually bad.
The developer says they will be back next week to complete an internal steel frame for the building presumably because the old brick frame is so weak it cannot support the new additions.

It’s would be a shame but they did a decent enough job on the facade at the hotel that ’fell over’ at the bottom of horse hill. Prob better it they knock it down and are obliged to replicate the frontage With a modern steel n concrete job behind it

Peronally, never regretted being made redundant by the business school I used to work for in Barna.Going freelance was the best thing I ever did in my professional life for far too many reasons to mention.

Not saying you were aware at the time but wasn't that just a money laundering scam for Opus Dei?

It's a listed building. Knocking it down is not an option and obviously renovation will be very costly.

Would be interesting to know what the costs would be, as Wetherspoon's usually spend a 6 figure sum renovating other old buildings into their portfolio.
Plus the added bonus of having overnight accommodation available in many rooms, might tempt them more, after they had the daft application to build rooms next to The Elms rejected a year or so ago?.

Got myself an amazing haul of killer US beers from the Cloudwater bar in Bermondsey this evening. Now I have to resist drinking them all too soon.

Genuinely happy for the guy who gets off my train at Limehouse every morning, runs for the DLR to Woolwich, and misses it whilst repeatedly screaming 'for ****s sake' because he actually managed to board it today.

Last edited:
Back