• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

cloudflow_2-ss20-rust_limelight-m-g1.png

A thing of beauty and comfortable too!

Having a takeaway chinese from our local tonight. First one of the lockdown.partial lockdown. Getting excited, god knows why, but I am.

Just been offered a fortnight's examining work by the British Council,doing the Cambridge Speaking exams from Mid-June.Examiners and candidates to wear masks plus a long etc.Think I'll give it a miss this year. :Think:

Last edited:
cloudflow_2-ss20-rust_limelight-m-g1.png

A thing of beauty and comfortable too!

Funny, I tried a pair of On running shoes when I bought my current pair. The were seriously light and comfortable, but they kept slipping when I tried them out on the machine in the shop. The reason is they didn't have the extra holes for a heal lock. Those ones look like they do though.

Very nice. Let me know how you get on with them.

Funny, I tried a pair of On running shoes when I bought my current pair. The were seriously light and comfortable, but they kept slipping when I tried them out on the machine in the shop. The reason is they didn't have the extra holes for a heal lock. Those ones look like they do though.

Very nice. Let me know how you get on with them.

Never tried them but they were getting rave reviews so thought I’d give them a go. They have a 30 day money back guarantee if you’re not happy with them. I’ve only ever used Asics or Brooks so this will be a big change for me.

Probably is, but his late wife had to take loads of crap, with his many alleged affairs?.

They're not alleged, he admitted to them saying they were part of the act and kept his fanbase interested because they all thought they had a chance.

That was from a documentary many years ago where he came over as narcissistic and arrogant and far from a nice guy.

Never tried them but they were getting rave reviews so thought I’d give them a go. They have a 30 day money back guarantee if you’re not happy with them. I’ve only ever used Asics or Brooks so this will be a big change for me.

Asics are my shoe of choice. My previous pair were Brooks and I really didn't like them: they're too wide fitting and left me with a slight injury. I went back to Asics this time.

I get 50% off a pair each year via Vitality which is good. My current pair are so good I feel I'm running on air.

Asics are my shoe of choice. My previous pair were Brooks and I really didn't like them: they're too wide fitting and left me with a slight injury. I went back to Asics this time.

I get 50% off a pair each year via Vitality which is good. My current pair are so good I feel I'm running on air.

They were mine too, I only had the Brooks because I got sent them as a freebie from Men’s Running when I was in Afghan. I actually quite liked them but managed to get a great deal when in Miami on the latest Asics in 2015. Did the marathon in them and just never got round to changing them.

Went for a 10 miler this morning in the new shoes and they were a delight. Comfortable and I felt brilliant even knocked 2 minutes off the last time I ran 10 miles and I wasn’t pushing it at all.

New Balance for me, got more tread than Nike for instance. Used to buy 2 pairs every year whilst in Florida, so much cheaper than over here. Alas, that wont be happening this year!.

Asics are my shoe of choice.
Brought a pair of Asics in 2000, had no initial problems with them. Then ran the Paddock Wood 1/2 Marathon in Kent wearing them. For some reason, 2 of my toes got really chaffed & i copped a couple of blisters like gob-stoppers!.
Continued to wear them, but only for short distances.

Back