• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Juicing! No solids only home made juice black coffee and coconut water. Guaranteed weight loss but you need to have good willpower!

Isn’t it good whilst you’re doing it but as soon as you come off it’s easy to pile it straight back on?

TMS back on the air.......it's raining but good to have all the old cricket chat and banter back :Clap:

On the subject of Facebook marketplace, managed to sell the last EVER of our buggies. It had been on there for ages and I wasn’t budging on the price. A nice polish lady bought it and didn’t haggle on the price at all. I have never not sold something I have advertised on there.

On the subject of Facebook marketplace, managed to sell the last EVER of our buggies. It had been on there for ages and I wasn’t budging on the price. A nice polish lady bought it and didn’t haggle on the price at all. I have never not sold something I have advertised on there.
Budget buggie not budging until it was polished off!

Last Oct i advertised 40 sets of fishing tackle worth £60 for £15. Thought they'd be snapped up instantly.
Sold them yesterday to a guy who brought a fishing rod from me, & asked him at the time whether he was interested in wreck fishing tackle rigs?. He brought them!.
Started selling on Marketplace beginning last Nov, after Boot sales dwindled out. To date have sold about £600 worth of assorted items on there.

Last Oct i advertised 40 sets of fishing tackle worth £60 for £15. Thought they'd be snapped up instantly.
Sold them yesterday to a guy who brought a fishing rod from me, & asked him at the time whether he was interested in wreck fishing tackle rigs?. He brought them!.
Started selling on Marketplace beginning last Nov, after Boot sales dwindled out. To date have sold about £600 worth of assorted items on there.

You're doing brilliant on there Tony. I only went fishing once, and it just wasn't for me. as I was a bit of an action lad. I went with an older friend, Rowan Greenslade who you know, to the end of the pier on a hot summers day. I was about 13. To prepare, he lent me a fishing rod, and the day before showed me how to melt lead into little moulds for fishing weights to tie to the end of the line. I actually enjoyed the melting and making the weights. That was great. It was just one of those days when the fish weren't biting. I was also a bit of a girlie about putting the live maggots on the hook. Having sat there for about 4 hours, I got bored and went into the penny arcade. Rowan suddenly came in and said ''Quick, you've got a bite.'' I carefully reeled it in, and it was a Horse Mackerel. He said something about it's not the best fish to catch. I asked if I can just throw it back then, which I did.

Letter dropped on the mat earlier from Inland revenue. Fearing the worst i opened it and whoo hoo.
£3,541 tax rebate, due to them incorrectly taxing my private pension in last tax year. Definitely happy days!!.

A purple spell for you T, what with the Marketplace and now the tax rebate. Good luck to you. I like happy stories.

U
Letter dropped on the mat earlier from Inland revenue. Fearing the worst i opened it and whoo hoo.
£3,541 tax rebate, due to them incorrectly taxing my private pension in last tax year. Definitely happy days!!.
i have taken a leaf out of Ron martins book and use HMRC as a bank.
My tax code is wrong which means every year when I do a return I owe them a set amount.
This is fine with me as I invest that sum every year, so basically I have an ongoing “free overdraft “ which rolls over every year ?
The only downside is one year I forgot That I “owed them” and got a rude reminder when I filled in my form ☹️

Back