• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Have you noticed prices dropping or staying around the same as pre covid?

Prices are pretty much holding, most of the ones dropping are ones which started off over-priced anyway.....some people will just not listen! Might be some minor adjustment but nothing drastic.

The visit to the vet. Maurice the rescue cat went in this morning to have his toothies cleaned and some extractions. Last week the vet had threatened 4 to 8 teeth may need to be extracted. Today it went down to two small ones. This reduced the cost from the £500 estimated to £350. I'll settle for that.
He went back this morning for a post op check on his teeth and they are fine, he's now developed an eye ulcer and is doing a Nelson impersonation. Two lots of drops three times a day and another £38 into the vet's coffers.

Last visit to the vets this morning (hopefully). Maurice is ****ed off with going and so are we. Mind you, we've still got to put drops in his eye until Friday. The tactics have to change each day as he knows what is coming and tries different hiding places. So far, he has been unsuccessful!

Last visit to the vets this morning (hopefully). Maurice is ****ed off with going and so are we. Mind you, we've still got to put drops in his eye until Friday. The tactics have to change each day as he knows what is coming and tries different hiding places. So far, he has been unsuccessful!
Been there, done it, no more visits and we got this one as part of the post op check up, so result!

A very lovely home made afternoon tea in the garden yesterday afternoon with three very lovely ladies, whom I count as very dear, close friends.

Had friends over for dinner on Saturday, and one of them is Russian so made pierog, salad olivier and beef stroganoff. Great evening. And my club opened again on Monday, so we've been going the gym/pool every morning!

Had friends over for dinner on Saturday, and one of them is Russian so made pierog, salad olivier and beef stroganoff.

I have often wondered about the logic of cooking dishes from a guests home country.

If you were invited for a meal in Russia would you want Findus crispy pancakes, oven chips and beans?

I have often wondered about the logic of cooking dishes from a guests home country.

If you were invited for a meal in Russia would you want Findus crispy pancakes, oven chips and beans?

She absolutely loved it. Their Russian friends don't cook much Russian fare so they were delighted that we made the effort. The pierog pastry was different to one we normally make but it was incredible.

She absolutely loved it. Their Russian friends don't cook much Russian fare so they were delighted that we made the effort. The pierog pastry was different to one we normally make but it was incredible.

Good work - I like Eastern European food.

Monday just gone me and my fiancée had our first scan for our first born. I haven’t stopped smiling since. Those scans, wow they are incredible. I’ve known for the last 10 weeks or so that we are expecting but to actually see the little ones feet move around, the beating of his heart.. it’s suddenly got very real.

Not even our troubles this season can ripe the smile of my face.

Monday just gone me and my fiancée had our first scan for our first born. I haven’t stopped smiling since. Those scans, wow they are incredible. I’ve known for the last 10 weeks or so that we are expecting but to actually see the little ones feet move around, the beating of his heart.. it’s suddenly got very real.

Not even our troubles this season can ripe the smile of my face.
Congratulations mate all the best.

Looking forward to a nice Friday and Saturday off work with the weather looking great also, plus the FA cup final to come on Saturday.

Reactions: GNH
Whilst I do not condone violence and the whole event is rather sordid the choice of lighthearted music for this video article about a high profile local pub brawl amused me.

You have to wonder who posts this sort of stuff.

Last edited:
Back