• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Just installed a passthrough powerline adapter so that I can use the ethernet port on my main PC.

It took a bit of doing because there wasn't enough room for the powerline and the electric plug as a desk draw was in the way. So, I had to move the desk draw about 5 centimetres away from the wall to make space. Which I did. Now all plugged in.

Before on WiFi I was getting about 20Mbs/15Mbs on a good day (sometimes it was as low as 1Mbs/1Mbs). I've just done a speed test and am getting 66.5Mbs/18.4Mbs.

There's never been anything wrong with the rest of the house, it's just this room. So many things could have gone wrong:

• I ordered on Amazon. They said it had been delivered, but no-one had rang the bell. My 1st reaction is someone hasn't delivered and has kept it. It was actually on my doorstep. Best I change the battery to the doorbell!
  • I couldn't get it to connect to the rest of the house so I rang technical support on a bank holiday, before 9.00am and was put in a queue. I was dreading that. Turns out I was no. 1 in the queue. They answered really quickly and fixed it in 2 minutes.
  • As mentioned above I had to move a set of draws that were attached to a fitted desk above. That meant I needed my less than helpful son to lift the desk a couple of millimetres whilst I moved the draws. Amazingly he helped without complaint!
And he we are. The adapter was delivered at 8.25. All that took less than an hour. Someone is smiling on me today.

Best I get on with my 10k run. I could be on for a good one!

Not making me happy but certainly made me LOL. Hampshire have an opening bat by the name of Feelhis Organ:Clap:

Well done RHB, where did you take the boss lady? And was it good?
Thanks MG. Nowhere overly exciting I'm afraid. We had our first visit to Hyde Hall since lockdown this morning, which was really good. And it seems I'm cooking this evening (I volunteered if I'm honest). Truthfully, we decided we didn't fancy going out for a meal this time round. Mind you, decent food (hopefully) and a decent bottle of Malbec will suffice this year.

Three very Southend things that I have seen this morning.
1. The boys at SHSB were out giving it their all in cross country training pre school time today, well done them and the staff encouraging them.
2. Both this weekend's "surfers against sewage " events for beach clean ups at Southend and Chalkwell have full uptake by volunteers.
3. A mum firmly holding and dragging her 12/13 year old off to school, Cecil Jones uniform, he was told his fortune for sure And he was a right little Kevin or Perry.

Back