• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Finished my last day in full-time work today. I'm taking flexible retirement and working part-time for the remaining years. It feels a whole lot more manageable.
Congratulations. What do you do if you don’t mind me asking?

I am trying to work out a way of convincing my employer to let me go part time in the next couple of years but it’s unprecedented where I work. We have one guy who does a 4 day week, but his day off is Wednesday ( not his choice) and he lost the opportunity to work one day a week from home which the rest of us have

Congratulations. What do you do if you don’t mind me asking?

I am trying to work out a way of convincing my employer to let me go part time in the next couple of years but it’s unprecedented where I work. We have one guy who does a 4 day week, but his day off is Wednesday ( not his choice) and he lost the opportunity to work one day a week from home which the rest of us have

Hi UWS. I was able to work a 4 day week a few years ago - that was pretty good.

I'm a Social Worker and I was lucky to get this opportunity at the time as a colleague who works PT is retiring soon and my Manager can use her hours with the ones I'm relinquishing to recruit another full-timer instead. It took a little while to arrange - I applied back in February - due to the advent of Covid and the requirements of our old Hospital Team (which has morphed into different teams as we're not allowed in the hospitals currently) to work with the peeps who've got discharged to Nursing and Residential Homes as a result of the crisis, i.e. they couldn't stay in hospital for too long once they were 'fit for discharge'.

I think that I might have had to wait a little longer also if I hadn't developed another health problem which my Manager could use to wave under the nose of the Senior Manager who knocked it back initially for review in September due to the pressures on the service. Since then though, the Council (that I work for) is now encouraging staff to look at possibilities like this, consider voluntary redundancy or reduce their hours, because of the parlous state of its finances - again as a result of the pressures of the pandemic, and the effects of the latter on the former.

Good luck in your efforts - if there's a way of convincing your employer that it could be good for them too, then with hope the word 'unprecedented' in this situation will be history.

Got some good friends from Les Landes staying here with us atm. (They used to live/work here). They 're currently here to see their newly born second grandchild.Imagine we're in what they call a bubble,Although we last saw them in August.Anyway it's good to talk about old times etc.

Good luck Rob,i've just done the same and down to 2/3 days per week,all the best mate and take it easy.

Thanks, Dave - and you! I'm on holiday this week and the new part-time working life that I'll be returning to next week feels better already. Hope to see you at the Great Western (near Exeter station) again if we're allowed back into games by then, i.e. April 17th.

Thanks, Dave - and you! I'm on holiday this week and the new part-time working life that I'll be returning to next week feels better already. Hope to see you at the Great Western (near Exeter station) again if we're allowed back into games by then, i.e. April 17th.

Sounds good to me fingers crossed,

I've been added to a Whatsapp group by a complete stranger. I think they are Newcastle fans dotted around the country and are trying to get together without breaking the rules on gatherings. I think Joe is tempted to get up north from Exeter but Tosh isn't so keen ?

I have a similar painting in my office. Looks like the view back towards British camp.

I hope you are enjoying the place.

I can't recommend The Nags Head in Malvern enough or The Anupam.

The Three Kings in Hanley castle is an acquired taste but walkable from Upton - great beer but on the beardy, folky, morris dancing side of CAMRA and it always looks a bit grubby. Then again it is ancient.

I'd love to see any more photos.

Last edited:
Back