• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Tribal Chief

Head of the Table⭐
Sounds top drawer mate.

Will you be keeping an eye on the Avs playoff game against The Golden Knights?
Yes, should be a good series - probably the two strongest teams in the NHL. Will be keeping an even closer eye on Game 7 of the Leafs/Habs game on Monday, my boys have come back from 3-1 down to tie the series 3-3. Would be a crying shame for the Leafs to choke. Again.

GBJ

The Font of all Knowledge from Russia⭐
Staff member
Yes, should be a good series - probably the two strongest teams in the NHL. Will be keeping an even closer eye on Game 7 of the Leafs/Habs game on Monday, my boys have come back from 3-1 down to tie the series 3-3. Would be a crying shame for the Leafs to choke. Again.

Haha, the Leafs couldn’t knock out a ****. 1st round choke artists for how many years on the trot now?

Vegas, despite being a decent team, seem to struggle in front of goal. Their Power Play is **** too. Still, I’ll be Knighting Up and hoping MacKinnon has a stinker. He’s a proper talent.

Habs have played a blinder brining it back to 3-3. I’ll cross my fingers for you 👍🏻

RHB

Super Moderator ⭐
Staff member
DVLA. Got my reminder letter last Wednesday that I will soon be 70 and I have to re-apply for my licence. Did it on-line on the same day and got my new licence yesterday. Impressive!

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
A photo on our "village" Facebook page of the local ice cream van man...in his other job as a pilot.

Yep, during lockdown he was furloughed from Ryan Air (I think) and took up selling ice creams. Now he's doing both. The picture was a selfie of him hanging out the window of an A320 saying he's off to Ireland and will be back selling ice creams later today!

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Spent the last 48 hours in rural Southern Catalonia.Specifically in Horta (de St.Juan).Excellent Picasso museum there and also visted Gandia (wonderful Spanish civil war exhibition there). last time we were down that way was to visit some the Spanish civil war battlefields etc on a guided tour with some friends 3 years ago.Stopped for a nice seafood paella on the Delta d'Ebro on the way back.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐
Spent the last 48 hours in rural Southern Catalonia.Specifically in Horta (de St.Juan).Excellent Picasso museum there and also visted Gandia (wonderful Spanish civil war exhibition there). last time we were down that way was to visit some the Spanish civil war battlefields etc on a guided tour with some friends 3 years ago.Stopped for a nice seafood paella on the Delta d'Ebro on the way back.
What a nasty, vicious, spiteful war, and it is called "civil".

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
What a nasty, vicious, spiteful war, and it is called "civil".

As in "a war between people of the same nationality."By far the most moving part of the Gandia exhibition for me was the audio visual recordings of the witnesses (both former soldiers and civilians, children etc) all on the Republican side.They made it quite clear how divisive a civil war is and that they wanted nothing to do with any similar conflict again.

Interestingly, I was watching Informe Semanal on Spanish TV last night and they had a piece on the new Rememberance museum (to the victims of terrorism) that's just opened in Vitoria (in the Basque country ) It transpires that 95% of all ETA's "actions" occured during the period of Spanish democracy.:Dizzy:

Last edited: