• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Back from a fabulous week up in North Yorkshire, taking in Whitby, the North York Moors, Brymor ice-cream parlour, Tommy Banks' Black Swan at Oldstead, Thirsk, Northallerton, Betty's, Bedale, the Yorkshire Dales and Hawes. Largely good weather with a bit of rain when we were snug indoors.

When the scenery is this good, and the weather is fine, there is no better place - this is the river Ure on Friday, a couple of miles before it tumbles into Aysgarth Falls.

251397778_10225598609209024_3506051058693229500_n.jpg

Last edited:
My eldest son's football team played against his old team. He's been excited about this game for weeks. Apart from it being nice to catch up with the parents I got quite friendly with, my son's new team won 2-0 so he was really happy.

He also sits next to one of the opposition players in form at school, so that kid was saying he's expecting plenty of stick today.

My son played central defense and was marking someone that was in his primary school class and played football with for about 2-3 years. They spent the whole game going hammer and tongs at each other, and didn't stop talking, the whole match. They both had a smile on their face the whole way through. It was lovely to see.

Just been through my first OFSTED inspection as a governor. The whole thing was based on safeguarding and curriculum and I'm the chair of the curriculum committee. I'm so pleased that's over!

I’m an old man of 49 & will be attending my FIRST ever England senior game this evening.

Bit apprehensive with the crowd size & all of that with Covid going on l, but very much looking forward to seeing some quality football- for a change!?
Plus the ticket is cheaper than a night out at the Cliffs Pavilion with Stan et al & scampi in a basket.?

Meeting a couple of friends for lunch in a bit at Westfield then onto Wembley.

Come on England! ???????

I’m an old man of 49 & will be attending my FIRST ever England senior game this evening.

Bit apprehensive with the crowd size & all of that with Covid going on l, but very much looking forward to seeing some quality football- for a change!?
Plus the ticket is cheaper than a night out at the Cliffs Pavilion with Stan et al & scampi in a basket.?

Meeting a couple of friends for lunch in a bit at Westfield then onto Wembley.

Come on England! ???????
Good luck.Saw Spain get a relatively easy 1-0 win away against Greece last night.Big one for Spain is now against Sweden on Sunday.Think they only need a point to qualify.

I should also mention ,the only reason I watched the game really was to see Espanyol's Raul de Thomas (RDT) make his debut.He did OK but will need more games at this level to make his mark.

Good luck.Saw Spain get a relatively easy 1-0 win away against Greece last night.Big one for Spain is now against Sweden on Sunday.Think they only need a point to qualify.

I should also mention ,the only reason I watched the game really was to see Espanyol's Raul de Thomas (RDT) make his debut.He did OK but will need more games at this level to make his mark.
Big result for Wales too. They are certain of a play off spot now.

Making me laugh is Tom Kerridge in the Sky commentary team for the Wales game.?

Back