• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Visiting a new Asian owned convenience store/newsagent.

They often have an eclectic range of fizzy drinks and crisps that you don't see in many places.

Today I went for a bag of Funyuns which you may be familiar with as Jesse Pinkman's snack of choice on Breaking Bad.

Our younger daughter (28) and her boyfriend are flying in to Barna from Paris this evening to spend some time with us over Xmas.She'll be WFH for a few days but it'll be good to spend some time with her.

rapid_test_results_2x.png

Back to work tomorrow, I'm bored silly
I’ve got to wait until Wednesday and can’t wait, last shift I worked was the 22nd of December. I was meant to work through most of the Christmas/ New Year period.

Football overload! Lewes v Bognor Saturday, Maidstone v. Tonbridge yesterday, Bowers v. Margate today!

My son. He struggled to get into his club cricket 11 last season because of a combination of things. Firstly their division in the league had 3 teams pull out, leaving just 3 teams. That meant they had far fewer games to prove themselves. Almost every time he was picked the game was rained off so he didn't really get a chance.

When he was picked he was usually put in at number 11 and didn't get to bowl. When it came to fielding he was usually stuck out on the boundary and only fielded the ball about 4-5 times in the match. With match fees of around £10 it worked out about £2.00-£2.50 per touch.

He was very despondent, but kept working during his one-on-one lessons he was having with a coach. It turns out the coach has taken over the running of the whole youth set up at the club and was very unimpressed with how this age group was run: basically it was the same players picked each week regardless of how well they played because they all went to the same school and the parents were friends.

This coach also nominated my son for county trials as a wicket keeper/batsman. My son didn't think he was good enough which was not surprising after last season. Anyway, after the trials (which lasted 4 weeks) they've asked back for winter training. Basically he made it.

What a way to stick two fingers up to the people who wouldn't pick him or give him a fair chance.
Remember this?

Well an update that I'm really happy about. We received a WhatsApp a couple of days ago saying that the U14 training will start again on Saturday, which is also the day my son has his county training.

I had an inkling that his was unofficial training even though it was dressed up as official. Instead of causing an argument I messaged my son's private coach (who now runs the whole youth set up) to ask if there was any training for my younger son's age group.

He got back to me and confirmed what I thought. The training is unofficial and over priced. He's not happy with the coach that set this up as he's basically doing it to a) line his own pocket and b) to keep these players in his own area team rather than allow them to progress to the county. (He basically picks the same players for club and area so that the area team is almost exclusively from the same club and by doing this he gets to train them ready for his area team. He also inhibits their progress because he doesn't nominate anyone for county, thus keeping them in his area team. My son was the only player from the club to be nominated for county in his age group, and that was done by his private coach instead.)

I then spoke to my son's private coach to ask what I should do because if my son doesn't attend I'm worried he won't get picked for club matches, especially given the issues he had last year with this coach. My son's coach basically said he's in the process of drafting an email to the club executive committee to tell them all this and to highlight other issues with this coach and that they should let him go. It seems this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Remember this?

Well an update that I'm really happy about. We received a WhatsApp a couple of days ago saying that the U14 training will start again on Saturday, which is also the day my son has his county training.

I had an inkling that his was unofficial training even though it was dressed up as official. Instead of causing an argument I messaged my son's private coach (who now runs the whole youth set up) to ask if there was any training for my younger son's age group.

He got back to me and confirmed what I thought. The training is unofficial and over priced. He's not happy with the coach that set this up as he's basically doing it to a) line his own pocket and b) to keep these players in his own area team rather than allow them to progress to the county. (He basically picks the same players for club and area so that the area team is almost exclusively from the same club and by doing this he gets to train them ready for his area team. He also inhibits their progress because he doesn't nominate anyone for county, thus keeping them in his area team. My son was the only player from the club to be nominated for county in his age group, and that was done by his private coach instead.)

I then spoke to my son's private coach to ask what I should do because if my son doesn't attend I'm worried he won't get picked for club matches, especially given the issues he had last year with this coach. My son's coach basically said he's in the process of drafting an email to the club executive committee to tell them all this and to highlight other issues with this coach and that they should let him go. It seems this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Sounds like a lot of aggro for what is presumably supposed to be a fun activity...

Back