• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Well that blows the whole Eurovision “conspiracy against the UK” thing out the water. Our songs are usually just **** and boring.
Still affected by political voting though. Appalled that there is a war happening in Ukraine in this day and age but you can't tell me Ukraine would have got that high up the leader board based on just the song alone.

Still affected by political voting though. Appalled that there is a war happening in Ukraine in this day and age but you can't tell me Ukraine would have got that high up the leader board based on just the song alone.
That was based on public votes and was always going to happen .. any other year UK would’ve won. Even France gave us maximum points!

I heard it quite nicely summed up by an Italian lady that was interviewed. She said the result in favour of Ukraine was a fervent vote for peace in Europe.

Just seen a bloke in a playoff shirt and shorts drinking a can in Benfleet on his way to the match.

Last edited:
Well that blows the whole Eurovision “conspiracy against the UK” thing out the water. Our songs are usually just **** and boring.

Do you not think it's because the UK is leading the way in supporting Ukraine? For me it highlights even more it's political, other Countries want to be on our side. They might need us.......

We've gone from getting Zero points for many years then coming second when a War is on!!!!!!!!

Do you not think it's because the UK is leading the way in supporting Ukraine? For me it highlights even more it's political, other Countries want to be on our side. They might need us.......

We've gone from getting Zero points for many years then coming second when a War is on!!!!!!!!
It's a song contest. The UK came second because the song was/is memorable and catchy, and several hundreds of times better than any song the UK has put out in yonks. Simple as that.

It's a song contest. The UK came second because the song was/is memorable and catchy, and several hundreds of times better than any song the UK has put out in yonks. Simple as that.

Check out the votes, I don't watch it, but a quick look on the internet tells me all I nned to know.

Ukraine gave us full points and we did them. Ukraine gave Poland max points and so did Poland to Ukraine.......

I could go on........ It's so political, everyone want's to be our friend right now, if you can't see that you're living in la la land.

That aside, I'm happy Ukraine won. If I was a voting person, with whats going on (even if they were ****) I would have voted for them.

Check out the votes, I don't watch it, but a quick look on the internet tells me all I nned to know.

Ukraine gave us full points and we did them. Ukraine gave Poland max points and so did Poland to Ukraine.......

I could go on........ It's so political, everyone want's to be our friend right now, if you can't see that you're living in la la land.

That aside, I'm happy Ukraine won. If I was a voting person, with whats going on (even if they were ****) I would have voted for them.
I'm really not. You admit you don't watch the show, so...

Eurovision has evolved in the past decade or so and in recent years the songs have become available to watch on YouTube prior to the event. For what it's worth I think that's a shame because the contest over the years has been based on viewers seeing it being performed for the first time on the show. This year the UK entry had a massive number of hits on YouTube and great feedback from viewers. It was hyped up more than any UK entry in the recent past so it was always going to do well.

Also, the structure has changed. The vote is split 50% between the jury and the popular vote. The UK won the jury vote and Ukraine finished about fifth or sixth. In the popular vote it was more or less the opposite. In fact, quite a few Eastern European acts scored more than the UK, for example Serbia and Moldova, which made very little impact with the jury, scored more than 200 points; think the UK scored about 180. So if the vote was purely based on the popular vote, which was the case until recently, the UK wouldn't have even made the top three.

The other thing is that the Ukraine entry was actually very good. Very contemporary, very catchy and despite it being performed in their own language I found myself humming the melody afterwards.

Eurovision is fun, an event that sees family and friends get together and enjoy themselves. If anything, it's a chance to escape from the depressing world we live in for a few hours.

I go to a lot of Ice Hockey matches and they play the national anthem before games.

I have zero time for the Royal family but I stand and think about something else instead.
There you go. It doesn't take much to just be quiet and let others have their moment, even if you disagree. As I am trying to do more and more.

Back