• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Swim off TB this afternoon. The sea was as flat as can be AND as warm as I ever remember it being, almost Med like, and because it was calm also clear. Surprisingly few people down there.
I hope you avoided the flotilla of sewerage that drifts along that part of the beach around mid morning.

I hope you avoided the flotilla of sewerage that drifts along that part of the beach around mid morning.
I check the daily water quality reports ( well Mrs MG does!)
The water companies are a disgrace, their executives get huge bonuses, they ( the companies) seldom get anything like the fines for pollution they should, if the CEO and board of these water companies got hit hard in their pockets or liberty, I have little doubt they would ensure less pollution occurred.

I check the daily water quality reports ( well Mrs MG does!)
The water companies are a disgrace, their executives get huge bonuses, they ( the companies) seldom get anything like the fines for pollution they should, if the CEO and board of these water companies got hit hard in their pockets or liberty, I have little doubt they would ensure less pollution occurred.
We walk a part of the sea front most mornings and some of those floating masses are really quite disgusting. I've never been able to work out if its treated and released to the channel or raw.

We walk a part of the sea front most mornings and some of those floating masses are really quite disgusting. I've never been able to work out if its treated and released to the channel or raw.
A lot of the brown foamy stuff off Southend is just natural effervescence that lifts off the mudflats when the tide comes in.

We've been absolutely inundated by fake international calls from India recently in addition to the usual UK nobs as well. Our Dect phone blocking system is crap and convoluted so I've invested in a True Call call blocker. Now I've got to grips with how to teach it and use the control panel on the laptop I can say that it is a pretty impressive piece of kit and it has stabbed and burned all those BT/Microsoft pretend helpdesk arseholes at a stroke.

We've been absolutely inundated by fake international calls from India recently in addition to the usual UK nobs as well. Our Dect phone blocking system is crap and convoluted so I've invested in a True Call call blocker. Now I've got to grips with how to teach it and use the control panel on the laptop I can say that it is a pretty impressive piece of kit and it has stabbed and burned all those BT/Microsoft pretend helpdesk arseholes at a stroke.
I love those kind of calls. Longest I've managed to keep them on the call for is about an hour. They get really annoyed when I spring it on them that I can't get the Microsoft patch to work correctly on the iPad

Reactions: RHB
Breakfast at The Arches this morning. Parking space right outside the Riverside cafe, superb cholesterol overdose, fabulous weather and a lovely waterside stroll afterwards. There are lots of things wrong with our City these days, but the seafront is not one of them.

View attachment 21460
The arches - home of the £10 breakfast.

My son came home from a 2 week school trip about 3 weeks ago. He put his passport in the pocket of his shorts and then my wife put his shorts in the wash. His passport was ruined. She then applied for a new one on his behalf as we go to Spain in about three and a half weeks.

So far we haven't heard anything.
Passport arrived. I have no idea what the panic was about.

😉

Back