• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

And yet a friend of mine who is a doctor told me he wouldn't recommend it to anyone. His view is that the public don't respect them anymore and treat them like ****. He thinks there are plenty of other jobs that pay just as well with far less stress and training.
My daughter says the same. Total lack of respect and “entitlement “ attitude. Will not take responsibility for their actions
Daughter just did three months In GP practice and hated it ( it’s easier to get away from patients in hospital). Now in A&E, is sworn at every day and is regularly in potentially dangerous situations.She is small build and often is used to defuse situations with patients (who all to often are mentally ill).
We get a story every day that leaves me shaking my head in disbelief.

She could (like most doctors) have chosen a different career and would be earning far more money which would not have you in tears on a regular basis

Last weekend we went to a friend's 80th birthday party.
Today we are off to a friend's son's 1st birthday party, not seen them since before lockdown and missed their wedding which was during 1st lockdown.
And next weekend we will be in Clun, Shropshire.
3 points Monday would be the "icing on the cake".

Tomorrow, hopefully. Eon Next have made three abortive attempts to fit a smart meter into the RHB household so 4th time lucky. All cancellations and provision of the meter were at their request!

So far they have credited me a total of £90 to my dual account so if they dont show tomorrow that will be another £30 into my account. We shall see.

Tomorrow, hopefully. Eon Next have made three abortive attempts to fit a smart meter into the RHB household so 4th time lucky. All cancellations and provision of the meter were at their request!

So far they have credited me a total of £90 to my dual account so if they dont show tomorrow that will be another £30 into my account. We shall see.
Which just proves the old adage that money goes to money.
Share the wealth.

Just heard that Nick Lowe (& Los Straightjacket)s are playing a free concert at the Cerdanyola Blues Festival on my birthday 6th October.That's quite a nice birthday present however you cut it!

Last edited:
Having Haaland in my fantasy team
And just as good is seeing all of those, mainly Liverpool fans eating their words.

“Haaland is going to be a flop” after he didn’t score against them in the Community Shield. 5 games, 9 goals a new Prem record.

And just as good is seeing all of those, mainly Liverpool fans eating their words.

“Haaland is going to be a flop” after he didn’t score against them in the Community Shield. 5 games, 9 goals a new Prem record.
Personally I hope he flops, and I hope the cheating scum of Man City follow him down the sewer.

(That's not a Liverpool bias, that's a FFP bias.)

Personally I hope he flops, and I hope the cheating scum of Man City follow him down the sewer.

(That's not a Liverpool bias, that's a FFP bias.)
I’m not overly fussed. As long as the following clubs don’t win the league: Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea.

I’m not overly fussed. As long as the following clubs don’t win the league: Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea.
I'm more bothered about cheating than irrational hatred, so I would previously have included Chelsea too.

Last edited:
A drive up to Suffolk and a visit to the Saxon King's hoard and Swords of the Kingdom exhibition. Some superb Saxon history on display including the King's mask (well a copy of it!). The Swords of Kingdoms exhibition is all the stuff found from the Staffordshire hoard now on display at Sutton Hoo.

kings mask.jpg

Back