• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Not sure if it makes me happy or I'm just in awe of the skill of certain jobs. Looked out of the bedroom window this morning and what a miserable day. Looked up the road and saw 2 guys at the top of the crane at the Overton site (soon to be called St Clement's Gate). The top horizontal bit had already been taken down so they were dealing with the column. Went up the road to have a look. Road blocked, massive mobile crane and 2 lorries one articulated. Loads of workers and loads of health and safety. The mobile crane had to pick up the pieces of crane and lift them over the flats and onto the road. Brilliant.

Piling machine delivered to the car wash site in the Broadway. What a job getting it through the entrance it's all done with one guy at a control panel a bit like a remote control toy but this toy weighs tons.
They hoping to complete the build by the end of next year

The smell of spaghetti bolognaise wafting up from the kitchen downstairs whilst im working upstairs. Dinner calls in 5 minutes hopefully.

All lanes open on A13 at Sadlers Farm.

Still got scaffolding up so I suspect the fat lady isn't about to clear her throat.

Same, I was just mentioning to my other half a few days ago. Saying its been like that forever. Gobsmacked when I drove through today.

All lanes open on A13 at Sadlers Farm.

Still got scaffolding up so I suspect the fat lady isn't about to clear her throat.

They now just need to remove that pointless temporary 50 limit at the Orsett C*ck roadworks that were finished months ago.

A chap who does some work for us told me that he was contacted by Canvey Screwfix because he spends a lot of money there.

He thought they were trying to get him to sign up for a trade account but instead he was given some vouchers and now has some sort of VIP lounge access where he can skip the queues and use PlumbFix/ElectraFix to pick stuff up. He also said he gets free tea and coffee.

I often worry about the lack of direction in my life but now I have a definite goal.

Last edited:
Back