• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Popped into The Half Crown with my wife and the dog and the only free table was next to a couple in their early thirties who were inappropriately all over each other as if they were at a school disco.

We suspected they had met on a hookup app and when they left a barmaid came over with a cloth and disinfectant spray.

Everyone on the neighbouring tables instantly insisted that the seats and every surface the couple had touched were throughly cleaned as well.

Another £100 Premium Bonds win, which follows winning the same amount last month!. Add 2 x £25 ones earlier this year, & £250 in total this year, happy days!.
Weird thing is i purchased a load 3 years ago, & hadn't won a penny until this year. Probably won't win again for another 3 years!.

Another £100 Premium Bonds win, which follows winning the same amount last month!. Add 2 x £25 ones earlier this year, & £250 in total this year, happy days!.
Weird thing is i purchased a load 3 years ago, & hadn't won a penny until this year. Probably won't win again for another 3 years!.
The 'interest rate' has gone up a lot this year and hence the probability of winning

The 'interest rate' has gone up a lot this year and hence the probability of winning
In 2019 we had £20k life savings in Halifax savings account, which was giving us £30 per year interest FFS!.
So put £10k into premium bonds ( £5k each ) & since then i've won £250 & other half won £275, more than had we kept money in Halifax savings account!.
The remainder i used to buy a newer car ( Toyota Yaris ).

Booked our tickets for Avatar- The way of water. Woo hoo, bring it on, can't waait.

Emma Palmer's historical pages in the Echo. Highlight this week is a picture of the removal of the Union Congregational Church from Oakleigh Park Drive to Pall Mall in 1909. It was about where No 2 and 4 are and you can see the domes that were on Stop the World (Keddies) and Frank's (Midland? Bank). It weighed 14 tons and is on rollers being pulled by a steam traction engine. Fantastic.

Last edited:
Got our annual Xmas reunion this afternoon. So expect to see 20 codgers in Xmas jumpers stumbling around Liverpool Street station later this evening. We've known each other since we were 18, then we talked about football, ruling the world and chasing girls, now the conversation revolves around pensions, aching joints and exaggerating the stories about chasing said girls.

Got our annual Xmas reunion this afternoon. So expect to see 20 codgers in Xmas jumpers stumbling around Liverpool Street station later this evening. We've known each other since we were 18, then we talked about football, ruling the world and chasing girls, now the conversation revolves around pensions, aching joints and exaggerating the stories about chasing said girls.
Goodness me, how true is this - although I chased SUFC footballers but that's another story.......

Diabetes behaving itself?
Perfect for the first time in 25 years thanks to being on a pump but too late for all the problem that one encounters when one is a complete muppet and does not listen to the doctors.
How if a doctor tells me to jump I ask how high or if a doctor tells me to eat merde I ask how much but after 25 years of being out of control it’s to late but I do ok.
No I’m happy with life for other reasons and I just wish that I hadn’t taken your advice many years ago and got divorced but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and in my case happier.

Back