• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I finished my contract yesterday. That was just short of two years work and probably the most successful project I've ever worked on with some of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I have been told that there is more work (and therefore more contracts) needed in the future.

In the meantime I start a new (albeit 2 month) contract on Monday week which gives me a week and a half to recharge the batteries (i've had 32 days off in the last 2 and half years). This new contract is with someone I've worked with before too - no, @MK Shrimper, not Notwork rail!

2 Red noses ordered and on their way via Royal Mail ready for Re Nose Day 17th March 2023.

1675267620459.png

Honda Servicing Chelmsford. Glyn Hopkin Group have applied to be an official Honda servicing centre at Chelmsford, in addition to the existing centre at Colchester. This will save me considerable time on the journey there and back when putting the car in for a service. On Monday it took me 90 minutes to drive from Westcliff to Colchester for it's annual service.

Honda Servicing Chelmsford. Glyn Hopkin Group have applied to be an official Honda servicing centre at Chelmsford, in addition to the existing centre at Colchester. This will save me considerable time on the journey there and back when putting the car in for a service. On Monday it took me 90 minutes to drive from Westcliff to Colchester for it's annual service.
That is very handy. I drive a Honda Melody and it is a long ride to Colchester.

Cut a deal with Mrs RHB that we go out for a Valentine's day meal at lunchtime on the 14th to leave the evening free for the FC Halifax Town game.
Doing something similar (in reverse) to celebrate our Wedding anniversary (on the 25th Feb) in the evening so I can catch our game at Torquay in the afternoon rather than at lunchtime..Might cost me though as we've got some good friends from San Sebastian staying at that time.

Reactions: RHB
Cut a deal with Mrs RHB that we go out for a Valentine's day meal at lunchtime on the 14th to leave the evening free for the FC Halifax Town game.
We never do valentines because it's a rip off. A card apiece is as far as we go. I'm taking my eldest son to the game because he's on half term.

On my first valentines as a married man my wife made me and my dad a shepherd's pie before him and me went to Brentford away.

Got what he deserved:

BBC
Devlin was told he cannot enter the town, city or parish where a match is taking place - of any standard between the Premier League and National Leagues in England, Wales and Scotland - either eight hours before or after the scheduled kick-off time.

I suspect the parish clause was inserted due to the current level we are playing at otherwise he would still be able to attend about 80% of away games.

Last edited:
We never do valentines because it's a rip off. A card apiece is as far as we go. I'm taking my eldest son to the game because he's on half term.

On my first valentines as a married man my wife made me and my dad a shepherd's pie before him and me went to Brentford away.
Now all the freeloaders have left home going out for a meal is an ok event, even before a game.

Back