• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Just back from my 3rd swim of the week, and about 12th of the summer off of Thorpers; very nice, slightly chilly but totally refreshing. And very few others down there, just a few who for some reason had wet suits on?

Getting a football fix with the boy at Billericay Town. Say what you like about Tamplin but he has done wonders for this club. Tidy little ground.

Chips and burger report, chips are pretty good according to the boy and the burger was top notch from me.

Oh, and if the club shop want a tip, try selling scrafs for a fiver, they will fly off the shelf.

Popped into Waitrose at Leigh mid afternoon. Brought 3 packs of '2 scottish salmon fillets, in a tomato & red chilli marinade' all reduced from £6 each to £2.35p each.
And 4 thick pork chops, reduced from £7.50p to £2.98p!.
'Right place at right time'!!

I was 22 when we brought our first home, a Flat in Ashingdon. How times change!!. Doubt these days, many make that commitment before their 30's?.
My daughter just bought her 2nd home aged 27, I see daily applicants who I remember from their days at school with my kids, or, were at the pre-school where I worked, or, which is kind of worse, from the kids in the year groups I was first with at Kents Hill as an LSA. Then I remember that if they were 10 in 2007, they're going to be 24ish now!

I was 22 when we brought our first home, a Flat in Ashingdon. How times change!!. Doubt these days, many make that commitment before their 30's?.

The market is completely wrong; mortgages are harder to come by, and because pay hasnt increased at the same time as property prices, many youth/low-paid workers are completely priced out of the market.

Yeah it wasn't easy doing it on my own, even with a decent wage. Never had enough money for a deposit in the past, but 2 unfortunate events in the last 2 years (my Grandad passing away and giving me a bit of money and being able to save money during Covid lockdowns (nothing open...in particular pubs!) and living at home made it possible.

I do feel lucky though, some people have had horrendous times during Covid...obviously I didn't enjoy the lockdowns at all but it did help me save to now be in this position.

No doubt rather like our older daughter who got her PhD a few years back in Toulouse (her Mum went to the ceremony and celebration afterwards.I couldn't because I was working)
It's looking pretty much as if there will be no awards ceremony this year down to Covid 19. Bummer if true.

Popped into Waitrose at Leigh mid afternoon. Brought 3 packs of '2 scottish salmon fillets, in a tomato & red chilli marinade' all reduced from £6 each to £2.35p each.
And 4 thick pork chops, reduced from £7.50p to £2.98p!.
'Right place at right time'!!
Seem to remember that post before!

Anyway took the drone for a flight, all well (Yes I am licensed by the C.A.A.).

It's looking pretty much as if there will be no awards ceremony this year down to Covid 19. Bummer if true.

I'm sorry to hear that.Not too suprising though in the circumstances really Would have liked to make our own daughter's do.Certainly my wife was thrilled to be there.Still it's the qualification that counts and what you do with it I suppose.

I take my hat off to anyone who achieves any qualification PT (having done an RSA TEFL Diploma and MA in TESOL that way I rather think I know what I'm talking about).

Last edited:
Back