• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

You're right about how she uses the qualification, but Derby Uni have already told her that it doesn't increase her salary as a senior lecturer, she's just blown out NHS/Barnardos(Joint venture) as burn out was close, but maybe her private practice may generate her more fees, we shall see.

My real beef is that on our wall we have a mortar board mugshot of her BA, a second mortar board mugshot of her MA and we were hoping for a mugshot hattrick with a velvet tam. Not to be sadly.

Had a lovely meal out last night at Latinos in Hadleigh - lots of very tasty food, and copious amounts of alcohol. Great to catch up with @The Big Shrimp and his lovely lady wife, and my friend who danced with the Bluebelles for her 60th a few seasons back, and her hubby. A perfectly normal evening out - and it felt wonderful!

Yesterday was Claire's, our older daughter's 37th birthday.Younger daughter,Suzie (27),was also around after a short sailing holiday in the Midi.Grandson, Lou (4),was also there.Good to get 3 generations of the clan around the same table.
Always good to have the family around you Phil. We had our brood down yesterday also, complete with 8 month old labrador who had absolutely no interest in our animal house rules and ended up parking herself across my feet at the dinner table falling asleep over dinner and snoring her head off! Poor old Maurice decided under the bed for the duration was the safest course of action.- Off to Dedham tomorrow to meet up with them again(they're staying there for a week) and my sister, to celebrate my birthday. Not too sure I want this one though, know what I mean?

Always good to have the family around you Phil. We had our brood down yesterday also, complete with 8 month old labrador who had absolutely no interest in our animal house rules and ended up parking herself across my feet at the dinner table falling asleep over dinner and snoring her head off! Poor old Maurice decided under the bed for the duration was the safest course of action.- Off to Dedham tomorrow to meet up with them again(they're staying there for a week) and my sister, to celebrate my birthday. Not too sure I want this one though, know what I mean?

Ha! It's the tricky 70th,isn't it?(Mine's not until October).Have a good one.Dunno about you Geoff but I plan on defying gravity a little longer yet.:Smile2:

Last edited:
Reactions: RHB
The Reverend Richard Coles on Countdown telling a story of conducting a funeral where the chosen music was "Don't Leave Me This Way".

He said he didn't sing along as it would have been unprofessional!

We had walk out around seawall, Stambridge Mill, Rankins Cricket, and onto THE ROYAL OAK.
Just walked up and in at 6.30 PM, 4 person and dog, no problem.
Good beer, no fuss, good food, good service, fair price AND all very 2019!

Pub was reasonably busy when we arrived and almost empty when we left around 8.30.

I recommend it to you all.

We had walk out around seawall, Stambridge Mill, Rankins Cricket, and onto THE ROYAL OAK.
Just walked up and in at 6.30 PM, 4 person and dog, no problem.
Good beer, no fuss, good food, good service, fair price AND all very 2019!

Pub was reasonably busy when we arrived and almost empty when we left around 8.30.

I recommend it to you all.
I thought Stambridge Mill was long gone?

I thought Stambridge Mill was long gone?
The shell of the mill is still there. It has been acquired by the London Land Group so I expect there will be a mini riverside village going up there over the next 5 years.
The speed of the housing build on the old Rocheway School site is phenomenal, as is the pricing.
And apparently Paglesham rural council have been told by RDC that they MUST put forward areas of land for 250 new build asap. Rumours are the overflow car park opposite Plough and Sail or field opposite that.

Back