• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is making you smile or laugh today?

On wind-down to coming home. Flight leaves 1245am London time tomorrow, into London office for a few hours then home. Looking forward to RH tomorrow night.

Visited Ground Zero yesterday. Very humbling and a very tasteful memorial to 911. So glad I made the time.

Still absolutely buzzing with last night’s win (and probably more than a little hungover as a result), I had a meeting with my manager this morning about getting a temporary member of staff brought into our team. During the meeting the conversation stalled a few times and I got a few funny looks but didn’t really think anything of it, although I did notice my manager was taking a lot of notes for a pretty routine meeting. When everything had been sorted out, it was pointed out to me that I’d said a few strange things such as:

“I think the lad would be a quality signing”
“It would be great to get someone in on loan for cover during this congested period”
“I envisage him playing in more of a supporting role, like a sweeper, behind the two guys we currently have”

Fortunately the boss has a sense of humour.

UTB

Haha, I sit near a manager who's a quiet, nerdy type who doesn't say boo to a goose. He gets an email (unfairly) slagging off his work and he loses it and a loud stream of four letter words come from his mouth :hilarious:

The boss is currently trying to pacify him before he goes and punches the bloke!

HK is officially shut down due to offshore typhoon. Bit breezy here. I'm not complaining and even if they drop the weather warning later this morning I'm WFH all day

If signal stays until midday HK officially shuts all day

Back