• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is making you smile or laugh today?

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
I feel we need this to go alongside the hacking you off thread.

I'll start. My journey into work so far has involved me stepping heavily on the toes of someone on the minibus. She was wearing flip flops and I know she was in pain, she made that quite plain to me in Cantonese. Over here we have 16 seat buses in addition to normal buses which are quick and don't stop once full. The locals seem to have a phobia about sitting next to window. She made little effort to move out of the way by which time the bus was moving. Stupidly I was getting off before her anyway.

On same bus I've had a Dom Joly phone escapade, even the locals had a go at him in the end. Then, I kid you not, someone cutting fingernails who then proceeded to try to cut toe nails. Seat neighbour was having none of it. I tried to take a picture but failed. I left the bus laughing my head off.

I do have a picture of an expat knitting club I came across in a Starbucks last week. It doesn't really show much but makes me laugh to look at it. There were six of them. One instructor and five learners one of which must have been able to do something better with her life.

Do I miss the UK on days like this ? Not one bit but I'll be proudly sporting the SUFC shirt on some of my escapades this weekend. Oh and my first cuppa of the day is still proudly in my SUFC exile mug. 55 mins door to door with one bus, two metros and a Starbucks stop plus or minus 2 minutes every day of the year. Aircon and full wifi or 3G for the lightweights not paying the £1pm tunnel license.

Let's get the laughter going. Too much doom and gloom in the world, though these boards have been comparatively upbeat recently.

OK, I got offered a job yesterday. No more freelancing!

Salary I asked for and an easy commute to London Bridge - only 45mins. :thumbsup:

Nice thread :thumbsup:.

Going up to see some friends I met at Uni and haven't seen them since I dropped out last year.

My daughter happily tucking into daddy's home made (very mild) curry. :thumbsup:

Come on peeps. I know footie isn't going to plan and I know we Brits like a moan but there must be some happy stories out there. I've got someone from London office out here for a week before he goes on holiday to Thailand so I spent the day showing him the real HK yesterday. On part of it we saw two men holding hands which, though HK is largely tolerant, is still a MASSIVE no no in public. I pointed that out to him knowing his persuasion. Out here the scene is known pubs and clubs and that's it. Right or wrong isn't the point, it's different.

A bit later on he actually came out (not on !!!!) to me over dinner at which point I told him not only have I known all along but it's one of the best kept secrets at work and everyone I know is cool with it. This is pretty much true apart from his boss who i know for a fact cannot deal with it at all to the point where he cant speak to him one on one. This is very funny to watch in action. My own feeling is pretty old fashioned on this point but as long as it's not effeminate and in my face I'm cool. Anyway the point is that the relief on his face was incredible and he said he's now able to look on work in a completely different way and I've told him to make life a bit more difficult for his boss who also happened to be a tosser of the highest order. I'm sure you've all had them. He's their manager by length of service alone. It's as much as he can do to get in at 9, go at 5 and avoid doing anything in-between. We're going through a massive restructure so that situation will happily be sorted out. I'm not too unhappy with the way that's panning out on the personal work front either.

In any event the real point is there must be some funny or happy stories out there to put smiles back on everyone's faces.

Halloween ! Not the shallow US import version now sadly prevalent in the UK though US expats here still try. It's a real kids day just like I remember it. But on top of that pubs and clubs get into the spirit and fancy dress all round, kids and adults. Nice

Not entirely sure. I'm snuggled up in bed with my halloween costume half-on, the live-action TMNT flicks on youtube, waiting for the little buggers to turn up later begging for sweets (until I, in my very best Death-by-way-of-Asda impersonation) scare the **** out of the sods and they all run off home to mummy.

I'm no fan of Hallowe'en, but bought plenty of sweets anyway just in case we had loads of trick or treaters. Thankfully, very few children turned up to our house so now I've got loads of Drumsticks and Refreshers to tuck in to. Lovely stuff.

Back