• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

Or Kiernan, I have been nearer the first team squad than he has.

Wow, you’ve played more than 17 times for the club?

Playing abilities/fitness aside, he will be on a first team contract (with a further year to go) so I think he’s very relevant to this conversation.

Came on for 10 minutes at Oldham last season. Looked decent.

Chris Phillips says he was lighting up the u23s this season.

I like what I’ve seen of him. I’d compare him positively to Woodyard when he was coming through. This is a really bad injury though at a key time in his career. I fear it may end up being career ending from a missed development point of view rather than medical.

He’s out of contract at the end of the season but I believe the club has an option so this will be one to look out for. I hope they do right by him.

The sooner he is back the better a partnership of Moore and Lennon would be by far our best.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Lennon is the answer to our problems. The guy is 24 on Sunday and has only started 35 league games in his career compared with Taylor Moore who is 22 next May and has already started 68. I have not been impressed with Lennon yet.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Lennon is the answer to our problems. The guy is 24 on Sunday and has only started 35 league games in his career compared with Taylor Moore who is 22 next May and has already started 68. I have not been impressed with Lennon yet.

I think it's less about his experience and more about his physique. We are crying out for a tall mobile defender to go alongside Moore, of that's Lennon then he can definitely help us. (I have not seen Lennon play so can't give an opinion myself, just going on what gets reported on here)

I guess it won't happen until next month, but I would like to see White-Lennon-Moore as a 3 at the back, giving us more options further up the pitch.

Although it is difficult to make a judgement on Lennon, he is at least quick and tall. We desperately need some extra height at the back as we are regularly conceding goals to big strikers such as Granduillet, Keifer Moore etc. Every time a corner or free kick comes into our penalty area we look vunerable.

The sooner he is back the better a partnership of Moore and Lennon would be by far our best.

Not arguing what you've said it's a fair enough point, but it's a shame to see how quickly JW's contribution to the team is swept aside. I don't know what this guy needs to do to be seen as a first teamer. It will never be...

To be fair to the guy, he's made 3 appearances for us and probably less than a combined 90 minutes. He was Powell's first choice in the summer, and was highly regarded at both Charlton and Gillingham.

I really liked the look of him in pre-season.

He's by no means a slam dunk but all the elements I look for in a centre-half are there. Even in his brief appearance v Walsall there were a couple of crosses which came in which he attacked and made sure he got to first. Man, have we been missing that.

I think it's less about his experience and more about his physique. We are crying out for a tall mobile defender to go alongside Moore, of that's Lennon then he can definitely help us. (I have not seen Lennon play so can't give an opinion myself, just going on what gets reported on here)

He palyed in the first game v Donny. Some blamed him for the first two goals.

Some plyers are injury prone, like Inniss with his shoulders. Lennon would be one I call unlucky from his record. Two breaks from tackl's this season is just bad luck.

He palyed in the first game v Donny. Some blamed him for the first two goals.

Some plyers are injury prone, like Inniss with his shoulders. Lennon would be one I call unlucky from his record. Two breaks from tackl's this season is just bad luck.
Or brittle bones.

Or brittle bones.

He would be a footballer if that was the case.

I played Sunday football with a lad who broke the same leg 4 times. I did witness a few of the tackles that done the damage and it was nothing to do with bone structure.

He would be a footballer if that was the case.

I played Sunday football with a lad who broke the same leg 4 times. I did witness a few of the tackles that done the damage and it was nothing to do with bone structure.
I guessing you meant 'would not' in your post. I should also have put a winking emoji after mine as you've taken me seriously, and I can't be having that!:Smile2:

Blues injured XI

Dtl0u72W4AAMP5u.jpg:large

Looks a pretty strong squad...could probably beat our fit XI

That's dedication there, Matti. Writing it out by hand, photographing and then posting it! :Cool:

One slight problem that when it's torn from the page, we'll have Emetriou at Right Wing-Back.

Last edited:
That's dedication there, Matti. Writing it out by hand, photographing and then posting it! :Cool:

One slight problem that when it's torn from the page, we'll have Emetriou at Right Wing-Back.
Don’t see it as a problem—bet you’ve never seen Emetriou in action! On the left,however,Coke might suffer from burn-out.

Back