• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

Hendrie now potentially out for the rest of the season, surely we need to be looking at why we are getting so many injuries? Is it really all just down to luck?

Yes, I was wondering the same. Is it our training - have many backroom staff changed since PB left ? I question whether CP has the right assistants working with him ? I don't think the players fitness levels look as good as they did last season or is that just down to not being able to rotate the squad - chicken and egg situation if that is the case.

Was Hendrie playing injured previously?
Hard to believe that our luck is that bad.
Yes, I was wondering the same. Is it our training - have many backroom staff changed since PB left ? I question whether CP has the right assistants working with him ? I don't think the players fitness levels look as good as they did last season or is that just down to not being able to rotate the squad - chicken and egg situation if that is the case.
We hear very little about the coaches . Can anyone enlighten me as to their backgrounds.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell is unsure when three of his injured players will be fit enough to return to action.

More...

Mid table club with a mid table budget have their worst ever season for injuries must be in the bottom 4 right?

I mean anything above that would be a bonus ....surely ?

Squads don't tend to get rotated much at this level, so I don't think it's down to that.

I genuinely think we do look a lot less fitter than previous seasons.

I generally think this is the case.

We look much less fit, and it does appear that the fitness coaches which were replaced were doing a far better job.

We have also resorted to very little half-time warmup for the substitutes, maybe 5 minutes at the end whereas previously it had all changed and a fitness coach went and took a proper warmup half-time for the substitutes. It really does look quite pathetic when compared to some of the opposition who have proper warm-ups and small warm up games.

Blimey have we ever had a season so bad for injuries. I guess it puts our current form in to some kind of perspective, the match day squad must pick itself from those left fit. Hardly makes for much competition.

However, apparently Rob Kiernan is back in full training!!

Blimey have we ever had a season so bad for injuries. I guess it puts our current form in to some kind of perspective, the match day squad must pick itself from those left fit. Hardly makes for much competition.

However, apparently Rob Kiernan is back in full training!!

Great news.I wonder if he'll actually play a game this season? :Winking:

He's probably forgotten how to kick a football by now let alone play in the first team..

I generally think this is the case.

We look much less fit, and it does appear that the fitness coaches which were replaced were doing a far better job.

We have also resorted to very little half-time warmup for the substitutes, maybe 5 minutes at the end whereas previously it had all changed and a fitness coach went and took a proper warmup half-time for the substitutes. It really does look quite pathetic when compared to some of the opposition who have proper warm-ups and small warm up games.

I noticed that, a lot of the time is spent just kicking a ball to each other, plus Sammy the Shrimp joins in! Not very good when you compare to the away teams.

I think that's why we got Hart in. I've got no inside information but Hendrie disappeared as soon as Hart arrived and that was the first thing I thought

Yes, I probably should have guessed that as well. From the Echo today: He had been playing through the pain with it for a while but it's become too much now

I'm pretty sure that Phil Brown's contract ended last summer so I doubt we're playing him off

Thank you. That means we only had to pay him off for about 6 months. As for whether we are still paying him, you appear to have more faith in Ron paying up promptly than I do!

Mid table club with a mid table budget have their worst ever season for injuries must be in the bottom 4 right?

I mean anything above that would be a bonus ....surely ?

Stop talking complete and utter sense mate.

I do believe there have been changes to our fitness coaching. Over the past couple of seasons we have lost Mark Williams and Jamie Douglas, do we know much about how the department is now?

Back