• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

Dobson wasn't booked so maybe that is being reviewed, looked late and high challenge.

Another injury is Harry Bunn, he has a swollen left ankle, it had "ballooned" in the dug out after the boot came off so he may well be a doubt for Saturday.

Terrible news for Lennon, so sorry to hear that it is a broken leg, and worse that he has only just got fit again after the toe. It was a bone cruncher of a tackle, and completely missed by the officials. No wonder he was in agony!

The Dobson “challenge” wasn’t even deemed a foul by the officials, and certainly wasn’t booked. Disgraceful.

If you look at the pictures Lennon tweeted, you can see how out of control the “tackle” was and actually see his leg snap.

Mantom was lucky on Saturday that he didn’t suffer a similar injury with the same sort of “challenge” that was only deemed worthy of a caution.

It was a nasty tackle by the Walsall player and was missed by an inept group of officals. To hear his leg is broken is tragic is upsetting for a young man in his career. One question, how come after treatment initially, he limped off unaided, was allowed back on, and then suddenly collapsed onto the centre of the pitch?

When I saw that my immediate thought wss ligaments , like Gascoinge in the cup final.

Thanks all for the update on the challenge. I was in the East Blacks and it looked like a 50/50 coming together, but sounds worse.

Not sure I can face seeing the pictures yet. Maybe after breakfast!

The number of times that happens! That was the type of challenge that broke Liam Dickinson's ankle, wasn't it?

View attachment 6147

View attachment 6148

Ouch, that looks so bad, can not believe the officials missed that, and it was not given as a foul, and no yellow or red card, shameful.

Get well soon Harry and come back stronger and fitter.

Having seen the video now, that's a two footed challenge, off the ground and has ended with a young players leg being broken. That player should be getting at least a three game ban.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell has spoken of his sadness after seeing Harry Lennon forced back onto the sidelines.

More...

I always think with bad injuries how horrible it must be to be in such pain and being watched by thousands of strangers albeit they are wishing you well.

Looks worse on that video.

Bit reckless from their fella. Not sure why he had to go to ground to make that challenge. Certainly didn't help the situation.

Looks worse on that video.

Bit reckless from their fella. Not sure why he had to go to ground to make that challenge. Certainly didn't help the situation.
Or why he stayed on the ground after the tackle.

Can’t see it properly on my phone but looks like his knee? Rather than studs.

Was much safer back in the day when both players went for the ball, rather than one or both always trying to manufacture something.

I’m pretty sure we have more injuries now because tackling is almost banned at acemy level. So when it comes to the real thing players are not that good at riding a challenge Etc.

On the photos, it looks more like he slid and landed on Lennon's ankle, which got caught underneath him, rather than it being a studs up challenge.

Not sure it was that malicious, in truth.

On the photos, it looks more like he slid and landed on Lennon's ankle, which got caught underneath him, rather than it being a studs up challenge.

Not sure it was that malicious, in truth.

You say not malicious but by sliding in for what was a head on 50/50 he made sure the odds were stacked against Lennon if anyone was going to be injured.

Yes, but there's a difference between going in dangerously, studs up, and sliding in, albeit, slightly out of control of your body movement.

His body position at the point of contact with Lennon is not suggesting it's a malicious challenge with intent to injure.

It's a loose ball and he's gone sliding in to try to hook his foot round it. if you watch his body shape, it's not going towards Lennon, but his coming in at a 90 degree angle to him.

I'm not saying it wasn't a bit reckless. Just that it looks worse than it was in my view.

The worst injuries are often when a player loses control of a ball and stretches to try and win it back creating a 50/50 challenge.

Back