• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

Yes, but there's a difference between going in dangerously, studs up, and sliding in, albeit, slightly out of control of your body movement.

His body position at the point of contact with Lennon is not suggesting it's a malicious challenge with intent to injure.

Yes he is not studs up but Lennon can only jump out the way even if he wins the ball

It’s One thing when your a winger and you can hurdle the sliding full back coming in from the side but someone sliding head on means you have to jump and if you don’t get high enough you get hurt.

I always found landing my full weight on one leg down the oppos knee normally stopped someone doing that again.

The modern way is to trail a foot and clip the oppos head followed by concerned acting and claims of complete accident

I was actually standing next to and chatting to one of Hullbridges youth coaches when that happened on Tuesday.

Were were comparing Football coaching to other sports like Cricket and Rugby.

Football is behind when comes to cutting out reckless acts. What with more cheating and feigning injuries it makes it impossible to ref and Difficult for a coach to have clear doos and donts.

Last edited:
The player who made that challenge has been in contact with Harry to apologise. It was good to see him and Sam Barratt out and about with the JBs today, and Harry spent a lot of time with them including accompanying the groups in to the changing room to show them round and help answer questions.

As to other injuries, Rob Kiernan was about this morning and signing autographs but didn't take part in training. Ted Smith was the counterpart to Nathan Bishop in the training match and looked to have done full training.

There were a number of players doing extra stuff on the sidelines during the match - Mantom, Bunn and McLaughlin for sure. White played in the match.

Not deliberate but not a great tackle and probably not in control- how he avoided at least a yellow god knows (other then he cleverly ruled around pretending to be injured and threw the most gullible of refs off the scent).

Amazing when you thing Cox gets the first red of his career for two innocuous challenges that bear no comparison and probably neither were a yellow.

The inconsistency at this level is unfathomable.

Not deliberate but not a great tackle and probably not in control- how he avoided at least a yellow god knows (other then he cleverly ruled around pretending to be injured and threw the most gullible of refs off the scent).

Amazing when you thing Cox gets the first red of his career for two innocuous challenges that bear no comparison and probably neither were a yellow.

The inconsistency at this level is unfathomable.

Just about sums it up.

Kiernan. Will we ever see him again?
Lennon. Probably out for this season
Coker. Sounds serious. Could be a career ended or likely to be out for a while.
Barrett. Out for a while yet.
Hopper. Could be out for months
Hyam. Should be fit soon

Basically when you take that out of our side it's gonna see us struggle. We can't bring anyone in so it's gonna be a slog.

Hyam was training this week, so must be close. The rest of that list saddens me. Four of our best players out long term.:Stunned:

Also:
Young Gard out for the season.
Smith still not returned

Kiernan. Will we ever see him again?
Lennon. Probably out for this season
Coker. Sounds serious. Could be a career ended or likely to be out for a while.
Barrett. Out for a while yet.
Hopper. Could be out for months
Hyam. Should be fit soon

Basically when you take that out of our side it's gonna see us struggle. We can't bring anyone in so it's gonna be a slog.

Am sure you've said this somewhere else and I've responded.....Harry said himself to us on Thursday that he hopes to be back in the New Year.

And how do you get that Coker's might be "career ended"?

Doubt we will se Lennon until February.

Sadly I think in the space of 5 days we have gone from selection debates as at last we had choices, to “let’s just get to January and see”

Am sure you've said this somewhere else and I've responded.....Harry said himself to us on Thursday that he hopes to be back in the New Year.

And how do you get that Coker's might be "career ended"?

I say that because not many come back as strong as he had from the injury he had.

Two have two very serious injuries is uncommon and will greatly affect ability.

Also ben is diabetic and the healing process may be compramised.

As a matter of interest, what happens when a player is 'sent to hospital' with a serious injury. Do they have to go to A&E or do they have private arrangements?

I say that because not many come back as strong as he had from the injury he had.

Two have two very serious injuries is uncommon and will greatly affect ability.

Also ben is diabetic and the healing process may be compramised.

But because of Ben's diet and attitude, he came back from a broken leg much quicker than expected.

His diabetes is probably is positive in that respect!

As a matter of interest, what happens when a player is 'sent to hospital' with a serious injury. Do they have to go to A&E or do they have private arrangements?

I was in A&E with my Mum a couple of New Years Eve's ago as a fall forced me to miss the home game v Charlton and in came Steven McLaughlin with his injury.

Looks like they go through the same procedures.

What is the current injury situation?

Unprecedented!

I can't remember a time when we had so many players out with long term injuries. This isn't just the usual hamstrings and twisted ankles that are par for the course but a series of freak injuries like cruciate ligament tears and fractured legs. Hopefully the prognosis for Hopper and Coker is a bit better than it was for Lennon, Barratt and Gard.

Have I missed any updates - terrible luck we are having at the moment and feel sorry for all the injured lads but from a team perspective then I am most worried about Hopper who I think will be missed the most :0(

Back