• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

I've seen Rob Kiernan play for us.

I might get some t-shirts made up. :Cool:

Time to cut our losses, surely?

Totally agree, and all I can assume is that he was not insured as I would imagine that if he was then we would have paid him off by now and freed up some wages.

I have heard that as a matter of course we do not insure our players (Dru excepted at the time that I was told) so it does seem a case of 'penny wise pound foolish'.

Notwithstanding this, I feel really sorry for Kiernan and can only imagine his mind set after yet another setback - poor bloke.

Totally agree, and all I can assume is that he was not insured as I would imagine that if he was then we would have paid him off by now and freed up some wages.

I have heard that as a matter of course we do not insure our players (Dru excepted at the time that I was told) so it does seem a case of 'penny wise pound foolish'.

Notwithstanding this, I feel really sorry for Kiernan and can only imagine his mind set after yet another setback - poor bloke.
Really? I hope that is not true. I would of thought that there would be some rule that we have to do, but I could be wrong.
Anyone able to verify that?

SOUTHEND United left-back Ben Coker has spoken of his anguish after being forced onto the sidelines with a serious knee injury.

More...

What is the current injury situation? Dire. The number of long term injuries is appalling. You would almost think we are cursed. Sadly some players may never pull on the Blues shirt again or if they do they may not be the player they once were. Kiernan is an unknown with his current setback but he would have to do well to be the player he was and Coker may not get the chance to turn out for us again. The poor lad is on countdown with his contract. I know the club has stood by a number of players but can they keep doing it?

January will be an important window for the team and the type of signings may denote intention. Will they be permanent signings, loan signings until the end of the season or loans with a view to a permanent move?

Much will depend on where the team is in the league at the time. If we are out of contention I suspect we may leave the serious recruiting until the end of the season and go again for next year.

If we can secure safety, within a reasonable period of time, it may be best to blood more youngsters and write this campaign off as an unfortunate blip.

I do believe we have some good players left but I am not convinced they possess the tools required to make a good fist of this season. Several seem a little 'light' on the ball and brushed aside, some are playing because of past glories and collectively they have the look of a side that will come up short too often.

We have some stars, Mantom, Dieng, Dru, Hopper and possibly Bunn. Lennon may come up trumps and how I would love to keep Taylor Moore. Beyond that we are short on consistency and quality.

The injuries have hurt us but now we have to focus on building a squad around the better players in the side.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell has confirmed Tom Hopper and Ben Coker have both undergone surgery on their knee injuries.

More...

That is almost unbelievable bad luck, five players out for the rest of the season, Chris Powell must be the unluckiest manager in the country.

So - that's five out for the season. At this rate we'll be signing players just to make up numbers!

I cannot believe all of these injuries are down to bad luck.
What is going wrong? Poor training regime? Players playing with injuries? Poor preventative physio?

How many more season long injuries can a squad take!

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell has hinted Dru Yearwood will not be fit to start against Scunthorpe United on Tuesday night.

More...

Back