• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

I've got a dodgey knee and arthritus in my big toe , havent played for 4 years now.

Thanks for asking

Poor Harry Lennon, broken leg, having just come back from a broken toe. Was a nasty challenge as well.

I dont know what you have to do to get sent off these days

The last 3 home games there have been stonewall red cards

Demetriou on Holmes very similar to his Cyprus challenge
Saturday on Mantom
and last night was the worst of the lot. 2 feet over the ball smack in the middle of the shin right under the nose of the referee

And the game restarts with us giving the ball back to them. It makes my blood boil

It's only a matter of time before someone assaults an official as they are all totally inept

Sam Barratt - Out for the season.
Harry Lennon - Out for the season (TBC).
Rob Kiernan - 2 months (I think? He's running again now isn't he?).
Luke Hyam - Back in training.
Ted Smith - Back in training, close to playing under 23s football again.
Tom Hopper - TBC.

I dont know what you have to do to get sent off these days

The last 3 home games there have been stonewall red cards

Demetriou on Holmes very similar to his Cyprus challenge
Saturday on Mantom
and last night was the worst of the lot. 2 feet over the ball smack in the middle of the shin right under the nose of the referee

And the game restarts with us giving the ball back to them. It makes my blood boil

It's only a matter of time before someone assaults an official as they are all totally inept

Is there a chance he will be suspended on review (obviously doesn't help us much but we won the match anyway)

After seeing pictures of the challenge it warranted some sort of discipline but for it to not even get a free kick seems as though the officials missed it.

I am not overly clued up to the laws of the game regarding this sort of thing and am only judging on a photo of two feet at shin level as ifollow was playing up until the 20 minute mark for me.

Is there a chance he will be suspended on review (obviously doesn't help us much but we won the match anyway)

After seeing pictures of the challenge it warranted some sort of discipline but for it to not even get a free kick seems as though the officials missed it.

I am not overly clued up to the laws of the game regarding this sort of thing and am only judging on a photo of two feet at shin level as ifollow was playing up until the 20 minute mark for me.

I don't think so because the ref booked him so that will be case closed on that one I believe as it shows he saw it. I don't see why there cant be retrospective punishment though but they only wanna seem to do that when a manager berates an official over such a shocking tackle

I wouldn't worry, the officials getting paid aren't very clued up either. Getting paid more than ever and I've seen better volunteers on a Sunday morning

I don't think so because the ref booked him so that will be case closed on that one I believe as it shows he saw it. I don't see why there cant be retrospective punishment though but they only wanna seem to do that when a manager berates an official over such a shocking tackle

I wouldn't worry, the officials getting paid aren't very clued up either. Getting paid more than ever and I've seen better volunteers on a Sunday morning

I'm really confused, I've read on here that it ended up a drop ball, why did he book the player involved if it wasn't also a free kick?

The only Walsall player booked was Ginnelly .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45872069

I'd need to see that again, but at the time, I didn't think it was a bad challenge on Lennon and it certainly wasn't Ginnelly. He was booked in injury time at the end of the match.

As far as I can remember, it was just a coming together of the two of them, don't think it was malicious in any way, exactly the opposite to the challenge on Mantom on Saturday

Sam Barratt - Out for the season.
Harry Lennon - Out for the season (TBC).
Rob Kiernan - 2 months (I think? He's running again now isn't he?).
Luke Hyam - Back in training.
Ted Smith - Back in training, close to playing under 23s football again.
Tom Hopper - TBC.
Any sign of john White Sam?

you have got to feel so sorry for poor Lennon .Just come back from 5 weeks out .Now he will be lucky to be back in January .come back stronger than ever Harry UTB .

I'd need to see that again, but at the time, I didn't think it was a bad challenge on Lennon and it certainly wasn't Ginnelly. He was booked in injury time at the end of the match.

It was George Dobson their captain. Paul Clark called it correctly on the commentary - he thought it was nasty vicious challenge and that Dobson was rolling around to deflect the attention from it. Glenn Speller thought that Lennon had trod on Dobsons head!

Both Lennon's injury and the incident on Saturday involved central defenders running with the ball pushing it too far in front of them.

It was a nasty tackle by the Walsall player and was missed by an inept group of officals. To hear his leg is broken is tragic is upsetting for a young man in his career. One question, how come after treatment initially, he limped off unaided, was allowed back on, and then suddenly collapsed onto the centre of the pitch?

Back