• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the general feeling about Colchester?

The_Charm

Naturally, big rivals....

however, absolutely fair play to them for having a good season, they have played well both games against us and deserved to win.

i really hope they make the playoffs, it would be great for them to make it into the top league, i was just thinking do we all get a bit carried away with football, why should anyone begrudge them a chance of going up!?

thoughts...

We got one over them the last couple of seasons and they've done it to us this season and thats about it really.

I dont really care what they are doing unless we are playing them.

Yep, full credit to them. What they've done is an incredible achievement and our players could do a lot worse than to take a leaf out of their book!

Yeah fair play to them. It's great for English football seeing a small club do well

I'd love to see them go up - oh the humilation of coming straight back down with the lowest Premiership points tally ever :)

I'd love to see them go up - oh the humilation of coming straight back down with the lowest Premiership points tally ever

They would take that, going down with 30 million to boot and 6 million for the next 2 season! I would take that if Southend stay up & get promoted the season after!

fair play to them.... but would hate for them to go up..... but love for them to beat the teams near us.

If they get promoted..... we would NEVER hear the end of it FACT !

I hat them, however I am not a arsehole, and I amdit they ahve done very very well this season, all be it because they have used their ****hole stadium to their advantage!!

I loved them yesterday!!

I think there are more important things for us than local rivalry. I would be quite happy with the thumping they gave us last week if we won our other two home games, which are a lot more important.

Making the play offs would be fantastic for them and for football. In an era when apparently only 4 clubs can win the major prize, and the richest team has won if for the last two season, it would be great for the game ifa small team with a low budget could be successful. I can still remember the days when any first division team could win the title and potentially go on to win the European Cup - Forest and Villa for example.

Interesting to read people's thoughts on what we've achieved. I think it's been a season far beyond our own expectations and I'm glad that we're finishing with a flourish rather than having achieved safety and drifted down to 15th/16th.

Next season will be a massive test for us to avoid Second Season Syndrome, but I just think as it's a hard working team ethic, rather than being reliant on one or two to produce the goods, there's every chance of a repeat. Additions to the squad are likely though as we've run with a small squad this year.

As regards Layer Road, undoubtedly it has had some impact but the players still have to go out and deliver once they've got out onto the pitch. At better than two goals a game, they've done that.

Interesting to read people's thoughts on what we've achieved. I think it's been a season far beyond our own expectations and I'm glad that we're finishing with a flourish rather than having achieved safety and drifted down to 15th/16th.

Next season will be a massive test for us to avoid Second Season Syndrome, but I just think as it's a hard working team ethic, rather than being reliant on one or two to produce the goods, there's every chance of a repeat. Additions to the squad are likely though as we've run with a small squad this year.

As regards Layer Road, undoubtedly it has had some impact but the players still have to go out and deliver once they've got out onto the pitch. At better than two goals a game, they've done that.

I heard you will be ground sharing with Ipswich next year even if you don't win the play-offs , which i accept as things stand is unlikely . (Can't wait to see how your ticket office copes with 40000 tickets for the new Wembley - might even have to open past 4.30)

or is it just a contingency for when you go up?

Yes they've done brilliantly well this season, but I still hate them and hope they never reach these heights again.

Hope they win Saturday though (ahem).

they have played well both games against us and deserved to win.

thoughts...

My thoughts are they only beat us the away match due to Duguid cheating, up until that point we were playing well and the game could have goTeither way.

They have had a good season though, cant seethem making the play-offs though.

Next season will be tough for them, as it will be for us if we survive.
Clubs of our size will always struggle at this level and it would be difficult to sustain a decent league position for any length of time.

If their new stadium was a bit more ambitious maybe they could think longer term but with only 10,000 they will be lucky to stay up for more than a couple of seasons.

Really shows what good organisation and a bit of spark can do in a team. It's not hard to see why they're where they are and we're where we are. We had to clear out a lot of squad players who weren't really League One standard and made wholesale changes to the team. Colchester's squad was pretty much all at least League One standard and they kept a lot more consistency. Good luck to them as the enjoyment from watching them turn over 'massive' teams is still there.

However, beating them at Layer Road felt much sweeter than, say, beating Northampton in the LDV and losing to Roots Hall hurt a lot more than, say, Cardiff.

Naturally, big rivals....

however, absolutely fair play to them for having a good season, they have played well both games against us and deserved to win.

i really hope they make the playoffs, it would be great for them to make it into the top league, i was just thinking do we all get a bit carried away with football, why should anyone begrudge them a chance of going up!?

thoughts...

Neg rep for hoping Col U get promotion!!:guns:

Back