• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the real world

osymandus

Life President
Oft we have heard this phrase . But really what does it mean ? The day to day survival of a person , The exterminates of platos cave , the angst of Jean Paul Satire and is identification of meaning beyond symbols (including alphabet ) ?

As Plato said is the unquestioned life worth living ?

Alas osy i feel the real world is where most of us live,the paying the bills bringing up the kids,looking out for number one world.Where as you seem to live in the hobbit,big monsters,pagan witches non making sense type world of your very own making,im sure though that your world is so much better than ours and on that note i say power to your elbow son.

Unfortunately Osy, the real world for a lot of us is this:

PROSECUTORS were under fire last night for deciding vile Islamic terror graffiti on a war memorial was NOT racially motivated.
Tohseef Shah, 21, was charged only with criminal damage - and let off with a fine after spraying "Islam will dominate the world - Osama is on his way".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2955095/Islamic-graffiti-charge-dropped.html

Dirty horrible disrespectful Muslim scummy ****.

graffmain_1035176a.jpg

The real world also includes people who, under the giuse of debate and conversation, try to enforce their own agenda into proceedings, often one advocating bigotry or intolerance.

Alas osy i feel the real world is where most of us live,the paying the bills bringing up the kids,looking out for number one world.Where as you seem to live in the hobbit,big monsters,pagan witches non making sense type world of your very own making,im sure though that your world is so much better than ours and on that note i say power to your elbow son.

I know far to many hobbits and witches that have mortgages as well matey ;) . And most monster rarely come in a recognisbale form.

All worldl appear real its how we perceive them . The hate monger walks past the hard working joe yet both feel the wind in their face the sun on their head and the food they have just eaten and pay their bills. What makes the difference ?

. That's nothing new either :( and sadly not indicative of anyone culture .

possibly true but is it not indicative of our tolerant society that this **** can do this and get away with it but something similar done by a non Muslim in a Muslim country would probably result in a death sentence?
Do we want to live in a real world where British people have to live with these double standards?

possibly true but is it not indicative of our tolerant society that this **** can do this and get away with it but something similar done by a non Muslim in a Muslim country would probably result in a death sentence?
Do we want to live in a real world where British people have to live with these double standards?

I agree , but then its not nearly about "British" or "French" morality or ideal's We know this has occurred before irrespective of the ideology yet we still try to treat IMHO the wrong part . AS to the man represented in that article he blieves he has performed nothing wrong, yet it is his outlook on live , and we could supplement most likely any other religeon and he may very well have performed the same action (what if he was raised in CND peace activist , Buddhist anti war ideal's)

Separation and segregation cause a fragmentation of the real world. Which we some times appear to forget is unique to every indvidual viewing it.

Separation and segregation cause a fragmentation of the real world. Which we some times appear to forget is unique to every indvidual viewing it.

But these sort of acts highlight why we will never have the multi cultural society that people often think we have. This separation and segregation is caused by people like this. Most Muslims are probably decent people but they seem to have this ridiculous belief that islam is the only answer, which is why this Country will always consist of many cultures and races, but the will never be integrated.

But these sort of acts highlight why we will never have the multi cultural society that people often think we have. This separation and segregation is caused by people like this. Most Muslims are probably decent people but they seem to have this ridiculous belief that islam is the only answer, which is why this Country will always consist of many cultures and races, but the will never be integrated.

Depends what you mean by integration really . It's like the length of a piece of string . In the case of those of the Muslim faith ive worked and am friends with plenty who still retain their faith but have no problems being in English social cullture and have no wish to bring Sh'ira law (most think its daft as they no longer live in the desert and it should stay there (also like here where we no longer hang people for sexually molesting sheep)) . They have chosen to embrace it (and a few I've know can drink well :D)

The flip coin of course is other cultures including our own have over the last thousand years done exactly what we are bemoaning of now , so why don;t we recognise it deal with it from the other side (im not including beninfit system or any specific immigration policy here for this discussion).

Times change perceptions change and people will cling (of all culture's its a built in trait for humanity it seems) to resist , yet multi cultralism has certainly been here and prospering since at least those Romans came to say hello (and yes we can blame them for Colchester :D).

We adding a problem that isnt there .

Last edited:
If that's your real world of hatred and fear I feel sorry for you.

No MK I was pointing out that this is what happens in our real world. Its real it happened. This bloke is caught in a world of hatred and fear - not me. Not content to follow his own religion he has to be disrespectful to others, and the sad thing is our real world doesn't see this as a religious or racist act.

Wonder what you would say if a white English bloke scrawled Allah is a gay **** on a Mosque.

No MK I was pointing out that this is what happens in our real world. Its real it happened. This bloke is caught in a world of hatred and fear - not me. Not content to follow his own religion he has to be disrespectful to others, and the sad thing is our real world doesn't see this as a religious or racist act.

Wonder what you would say if a white English bloke scrawled Allah is a gay **** on a Mosque.

Agreed. If an English (non Muslim) bloke wrote the latter? I'd say good luck and point him the way of a plastic surgeon!

Young man angry with the world , uses own ideology to make his mark /change it for the how he believes it is better /blindly unthinking . That's nothing new either :( and sadly not indicative of anyone culture .

Sounds just like you aussie, fair dinkum.

Back