• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is wrong with some of our fans?

emphasis on *some* - if you think some of the behaviour seen online towards some of our local young lads, then you ought to give your head a wobble.

Justified criticism in a fair and respectful way is fine, abuse or outright nonsense as some seem to find appropriate is neither fair nor constructive.
Constructive criticism takes effort, thought, time, effort and intelligence.

Abuse simply requires the ability able to type ( and a small penis ?)

Giving up social media is the way forward. Although does shrimperzone count as social media?
Having deleted social media myself and I'm still here would suggest this isn't quite like social media. Forums tend to be a bit more civil

No way. Forum different to social media. Shrimperzone much better than the cess pit that is Twitter.
Absolutely!

I’ve never understood why people seem to think this place is awful. I see comments on Twitter and Facebook all the time about here. I feel we do our best to prevent it becoming like Twitter or the Southend United Facebook page. I know Chris Phillips regularly mentions he doesn’t visit here because of his mental health. Which I find baffling as Twitter and the Facebook group he runs is vile and disgusting!

I’m reading one of The Secret Footballers books and he wasn’t very complimentary about football forums. I think they’re a much better place than the social media platforms. The forums seem to get such a bad rep and it’s totally undeserved. Yes when times are hard people will be overly critical of certain players/managers/owners/fans/lack of onions in burgers but the majority is constructive and will be more than the short tweets of ‘insert player name is ****’.

I’ve been on here since pretty much day one of SZ. And if I had the choice to give up this or social media it would be a very easy decision.

Absolutely!

I’ve never understood why people seem to think this place is awful. I see comments on Twitter and Facebook all the time about here. I feel we do our best to prevent it becoming like Twitter or the Southend United Facebook page. I know Chris Phillips regularly mentions he doesn’t visit here because of his mental health. Which I find baffling as Twitter and the Facebook group he runs is vile and disgusting!

I’m reading one of The Secret Footballers books and he wasn’t very complimentary about football forums. I think they’re a much better place than the social media platforms. The forums seem to get such a bad rep and it’s totally undeserved. Yes when times are hard people will be overly critical of certain players/managers/owners/fans/lack of onions in burgers but the majority is constructive and will be more than the short tweets of ‘insert player name is ****’.

I’ve been on here since pretty much day one of SZ. And if I had the choice to give up this or social media it would be a very easy decision.

I completely agree. Twitter is the most toxic site I've ever visited and I have noticed that amongst many others, Southend United have stopped allowing comments on many of its posts there.

I definitely don't visit this site as often when things are not going well, as my mental health can't deal with all the negativity but wouldn't trade Shrimperzone for any other site.

Absolutely!

I think it might be down to people new to a forum not really paying attention to the usernames. There's a few posters on here that wind people up but regulars know who they are and know they don't represent most of SZ. If you are new to a forum though you might see 50 negative comments without realising they all come from the same couple of people. (I think Stan had this issue a little bit, it was basically 4 or 5 people demanding to know why he hadn't fixed everything overnight but they were commenting far more frequently than everyone else so it may have seemed like more of the forum was on his back.)

Shrimperzone to me is the best and most informant site for SUFC supporters far and away better than the FB site i dont have twitter so trust you ppl when you say its toxic

I think it might be down to people new to a forum not really paying attention to the usernames. There's a few posters on here that wind people up but regulars know who they are and know they don't represent most of SZ. If you are new to a forum though you might see 50 negative comments without realising they all come from the same couple of people. (I think Stan had this issue a little bit, it was basically 4 or 5 people demanding to know why he hadn't fixed everything overnight but they were commenting far more frequently than everyone else so it may have seemed like more of the forum was on his back.)
Totally right on the stan thing imo. Vast majority are happy/cautiously optomistic but the dissenting few stick out.

Im glad stan is reacting to the few far less tbh. His time is better spent moving us forward.

These sites (Farcebook, Twaddle etcetera) all use a tremendous amount of power (electricity), they spend huge sums on buildings & infrastructure & they produce ........... well, nothing.

A simple way to decrease your "carbon footprint" is to stop using them. And stop receiving messages & e-mails from organisations that you are not really interested in. It all takes electricity.

Back