• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What jobs have your other relis done.

Brother 1 - carpenter, then cab driver, now works for AO delivering fridges. Leyton Orient supporter as well. Bit of a knob.
Brother 2 - Retired now, but worked for American oil companies all over the world. Lot of a knob.
Sister - Mum until about 15yrs ago, then lived her life in reverse, got a load of qualifications and now works providing social housing for people with learning difficulties. Now dating a millionaire (who's a very nice bloke) - always falls on her feet, but she's lovely so thats good.

About it, nothing of note - though I've got about 100 cousins, 1st cousins etc. I've met about 3 of them, so who knows. I believe one is a big lawyer and is something to do with Chelsea FC. Still, could be a knob.

Brother 1 - carpenter, then cab driver, now works for AO delivering fridges. Leyton Orient supporter as well. Bit of a knob.
Brother 2 - Retired now, but worked for American oil companies all over the world. Lot of a knob.
Sister - Mum until about 15yrs ago, then lived her life in reverse, got a load of qualifications and now works providing social housing for people with learning difficulties. Now dating a millionaire (who's a very nice bloke) - always falls on her feet, but she's lovely so thats good.

About it, nothing of note - though I've got about 100 cousins, 1st cousins etc. I've met about 3 of them, so who knows. I believe one is a big lawyer and is something to do with Chelsea FC. Still, could be a knob.

Paul, do knobs run in your family ? :smile:

Grandad was a train Driver
My Uncle was at El Alamein and his Uncle won a VC at Rourkes Drift
My Cousin was a Policeman until he was invalided out when someone (probably Barna) hit him with a lump of wood a Grunwick
My Great Grandad ran a Pub in Yarmouth as did his Father

Grandad was a train Driver
My Uncle was at El Alamein and his Uncle won a VC at Rourkes Drift
My Cousin was a Policeman until he was invalided out when someone (probably Barna) hit him with a lump of wood a Grunwick
My Great Grandad ran a Pub in Yarmouth as did his Father

Just out of interest where is the VC kept .

one cousin is an assistant director. He stayed with us when filming an Indiana Jones at Tilbury docks years ago. He's a mad keen Blues fan and goes when they are around the Henley area. His brother has a BAFTA for The Thick of It and produced In the Loop among other things. He's doing the Detectorists at the moment. Both were at the playoff final. My side of the family are the boring ones.

Nothing glamorous in my lot. Paternal grandfather was a chippy by trade working at Bartrums in Fairfax Drive, we have several pieces of furniture amongst us that he made. He was an ARP warden during WWII. His wife, my nan, was an office worker, buried their first born when he was just a couple of days old, then had my dad pre-WWII and his siblings post WWII.

Maternal grandfather died before I was born, he was a thatcher by trade and spent most of WWI on a sheep farm in NZ. He left my nan a widow, with my mum aged just 13, they ended up in Southchurch Rectory Chase.

Last edited:
My brother works at Alexander House in Vic Ave, he looks like a tramp at the best of time and is a total knob.

my grandfather came to London as a lad, joined an engineering firm in Albert Dock Road and ended up being the boss. He was a Tory Councillor and chairman of the Libraries and Museum Committee in the 1930s and 40s. He built the first house on the south side of First Avenue.

My cuz is the legend known as Dick - a bobby who kept his eye out for some rascals on away games.

Nothing glamorous in my lot. Paternal grandfather was a chippy by trade working at Bartrums in Fairfax Drive, we have several pieces of furniture amongst us that he made. He was an ARP warden during WWII. His wife, my nan, was an office worker, buried their first born when he was just a couple of years old, then had my dad pre-WWII and his siblings post WWII.

Maternal grandfather died before I was born, he was a thatcher by trade and spent most of WWI on a sheep farm in NZ. He left my nan a widow, with my mum aged just 13, they ended up in Southchurch Rectory Chase.
We used to go to Bartrums when at college(whats now the lego building).
They always got timber from them,loved that place,another timber yard that is no more.

Tony, just come out and ask for my Mother's maiden name, my first pet, the first street I lived in and my favourite colour.

Younger brother 1.Merchant Banker,Investment Banker,Venture Capitalist. (Same job I believe but the job titles do seem to change somewhat)!

Younger Brother 2.Social Worker.

Back