• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What makes supporting SUFC hard for you?

I have just been thinking about this, and there are several things that make it hard for me. I'm the only one out of my friends that genuinely supports SUFC, the rest of my friends go to home games when I drag them and away games when they are "worth it". Although, I would love to go to every away game this is hard for me. Also, I attend football alone and the guy next to me is a total pillock claiming I'm a "fairweather fan" because I went only to Plymouth, Tottenham, Tranmere, Orient, Doncaster. If there was one thing I would change, it would be that me going to football wasn't so lonely.

Any suggestions welcome. Other than that... What makes supporting SUFC hard for you?

Nothing makes supporting Southend United hard.

Just because you don't go to all the games, doesn't mean you don't support the club.

Supporting comes from the heart not from the wallet

Nothing makes it hard. What ever division, where ever we are no other team will ever take the place of my beloved Southend United.

What makes supporting us hard?

Having so many clueless prats who make their voices known during games, yet even though they're in the minority they still are heard and we still don't shout over them. Makes you feel depressed being a fan of the same club as them. Yes I am still dwelling on the disgrace of Tuesday night.

Simple... Living in Aberdeen.

If i lived back home i would be at every game come rain or shine...Good times or bad times.

Local team, local pride.....

Whilst it maybe a struggle watching it sometimes, I know I shall be taking the same seat at the next home game....and I am sure I will have two lil supporters with me aswell.....because they want to go.

When it becomes hard to support SUFC is the point at which I give in and not ever go again.

Local team, local pride.....

Whilst it maybe a struggle watching it sometimes, I know I shall be taking the same seat at the next home game....and I am sure I will have two lil supporters with me aswell.....because they want to go.

When it becomes hard to support SUFC is the point at which I give in and not ever go again.

Then the "clique" will be round to drag you out of your bath chair!

I'll echo Davey's words and say the distance is a major factor. Hurts listening to the atmosphere and chanting on Blues World knowing i should be there to cheer on the boys too. I work and study very hard, so that i can have the money / time to make it over every month or 2 for a match - but i find the hardest thing is leaving Southend on the bus to the airport to come home again.

Last edited:
Nothing makes supporting Southend United hard.

Just because you don't go to all the games, doesn't mean you don't support the club.

Supporting comes from the heart not from the wallet

Fantastic post - something those oiks at Loughborough have not a clue about.

Having to work Saturdays is a real pain, as is now havng 2 kids to pay for, jeez they are expensive. I spent some years in the North Bank, then some years as a season ticket holder in the South Upper...mainly through the dark days of Jobsons reign...now that was hard!!!

What makes supporting us hard?

Having so many clueless prats who make their voices known during games, yet even though they're in the minority they still are heard and we still don't shout over them. Makes you feel depressed being a fan of the same club as them. Yes I am still dwelling on the disgrace of Tuesday night.

What he said. Oh, and being an exile

I have just been thinking about this, and there are several things that make it hard for me. I'm the only one out of my friends that genuinely supports SUFC, the rest of my friends go to home games when I drag them and away games when they are "worth it". Although, I would love to go to every away game this is hard for me. Also, I attend football alone and the guy next to me is a total pillock claiming I'm a "fairweather fan" because I went only to Plymouth, Tottenham, Tranmere, Orient, Doncaster. If there was one thing I would change, it would be that me going to football wasn't so lonely.

Any suggestions welcome. Other than that... What makes supporting SUFC hard for you?

Pass me a hanky, I'm in floods of tears here. The poor little soldier is so brave.

It is never hard supporting the team you have been watching for the last 35 years, since being taken along as a 12 year old. You can snigger at the plastic fans who laugh at you whilst they follow the latest prem success story, safe in the knowledge that they will 'jump ship' as soon as that team spirals down the league. The only thing I find hard is living 110 miles away and working on saturdays. Having said that, having my own business means i can sneak away early for midweek games.

It is never hard supporting the team you have been watching for the last 35 years, since being taken along as a 12 year old. You can snigger at the plastic fans who laugh at you whilst they follow the latest prem success story, safe in the knowledge that they will 'jump ship' as soon as that team spirals down the league. The only thing I find hard is living 110 miles away and working on saturdays. Having said that, having my own business means i can sneak away early for midweek games.

Agree with a lot of that to the point about living so far away. Having been born within sight and sound of the ground, it is in my blood and in my heart. The things that stop me supporting as much as I would like is the cost and the commitment, when you have other family members to consider.

Last edited:
Back