• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southendsleeper

Manager
Well for those who were in the west stand what a f**kin shambles it was to start with. Get to the gorund my usual 10 mins before kick off to find the road full of cars not going anywhere, the old bill out in force and loads of people outside the ground not going anywhere. And I mean loads. Apparently the new turnstiles werent working, ten minutes to kick off and on perhaps the busiest game of the season we're all outside, the police letting in only a few people at a time. Get to the new (improved) turnstiles and my ticket doesnt let me in, so the bloke at the turnstile has to swipe me in. Bloody shambles
mad.gif

Only missed a couple of minutes of the match, missed the team news, had no chance of buying a programme, but when I got to my seat and looked around, the atmosphere put me in the right mood for the match.

I wouldnt say Forest were poor but 3 balls had been booted out of the ground before half time. They hoofed it a hell of a lot.

Guttridge was exceptional, his snap shot that hit the upright had us out of our seats, Maher was class, back defending yet down the other end of the pitch in the blink of an eye. Campbell Ryce runs like a demented little sprinter took my breath away at times, the crowd called the one they wanted and he didnt disappoint, but I must admit I couldnt see the goal when everyone got to their feet. I also missed the streaker unless the people around me were on a wind up. Hunt was good, Cole went on some great runs, Barrett was caught out a few times. Bentley put in a superb cross which I believe Gray headed at the keeper.

The crowd were great, especially the South Upper.

'Youre not famous anymore, we are top of the league, Da da da da Freddie Eastwood. Easy
mad.gif
'

And why the title of this post. That little Irish fella in goal. He was magic. My man of the match for sure

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 09 2005,17:27)]Well for those who were in the west stand what a f**kin shambles it was to start with. Get to the gorund my usual 10 mins before kick off to find the road full of cars not going anywhere, the old bill out in force and loads of people outside the ground not going anywhere. And I mean loads. Apparently the new turnstiles werent working, ten minutes to kick off and on perhaps the busiest game of the season we're all outside, the police letting in only a few people at a time. Get to the new (improved) turnstiles and my ticket doesnt let me in, so the bloke at the turnstile has to swipe me in. Bloody shambles  
mad.gif

Only missed a couple of minutes of the match, missed the team news, had no chance of buying a programme, but when I got to my seat and looked around, the atmosphere put me in the right mood for the match.

I wouldnt say Forest were poor but 3 balls had been booted out of the ground before half time. They hoofed it a hell of a lot.

Guttridge was exceptional, his snap shot that hit the upright had us out of our seats, Maher was class, back defending yet down the other end of the pitch in the blink of an eye. Campbell Ryce runs like a demented little sprinter took my breath away at times, the crowd called the one they wanted and he didnt disappoint, but I must admit I couldnt see the goal when everyone got to their feet. I also missed the streaker unless the people around me were on a wind up. Hunt was good, Cole went on some great runs, Barrett was caught out a few times. Bentley put in a superb cross which I believe Gray headed at the keeper.

The crowd were great, especially the South Upper.

'Youre not famous anymore, we are top of the league, Da da da da Freddie Eastwood. Easy  
mad.gif
'

And why the title of this post. That little Irish fella in goal. He was magic. My man of the match for sure
Not having a go, but getting to the ground 10 minutes before kick off probably wasn't your smartest move of the day.

Although I agree with the turnstiles. Whats the point. The club will still have to have a turnstile operator there in case it goes Pete Tong.

smile.gif

Usually I stroll in as happy as Larry at that time, with foresight yes it probably would have made sense, but I dont think I would have got in the ground any earlier. It was bedlam, noone knew what was going on, but fair play to the other fans I never heard any moaning.

I'd just like to add WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Daryl was superb today I agree. But so was the whole back five. Fantastic. Didn't really give Forest a sniff at goal. And whats more this gave us a clean sheet. You what i hear you say? YES! We conceded no goals in a game!! Zero, zip, zilch, nothing.

And now we can say this for real!

Say we are top of the league!! Say we are top of the league!

And just for comic value and to fish - EASY!!! EASY!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 09 2005,18:27)]Bentley put in a superb cross which I believe Gray headed at the keeper.
Sorry to be picky but it was Goater with the header, which he perhaps should have done better with. Oh well, I'm certainly not complaining.

Had a similar issue with turnstiles for the Tranmere game, the organisation for tickets and getting everyone in on the family day was a complete shambles/****-up. The thing is, there's only a few aspects of the organisation that need to be altered, it is not as if there is a major problem week in week out. We simply don't prepare ourselves for a larger than normal crowd.

Got to the ground half hour before KO, no problems with the turnstiles. Just put the ticket in and thats it, how hard can that be...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Oct. 09 2005,18:51)]Got to the ground half hour before KO, no problems with the turnstiles. Just put the ticket in and thats it, how hard can that be...
Very when all season tickets, comps, and tickets bought before last Saturday aren't recognised by the turnstiles as yet!

More annoyed with those that get up with 5 mins left to stand at the back, and get in everyones way.

The West is allways doing this, simple next time get a s/t near the back, or get a ticket at the back,so you don't interfere with those who want to watch the game till the end.
mad.gif

Oh by the way who was the streaker
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Oct. 09 2005,18:51)]Got to the ground half hour before KO, no problems with the turnstiles. Just put the ticket in and thats it, how hard can that be...
Tell that to the hundreds of people outside the West Stand before the match

when bentley crossed the ball in it was goater that headed it straight at the keeper should of bin a goal , but the more chances we make , the goals are going 2 cum in the end like it did today
smile.gif

We played really well today - we could have won by more if not for some wayward finishing! Didn't matter though in the end, nice to see us keep a clean sheet!

Attendance of 10,104 - and a quality atmosphere to boot.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Oct. 09 2005,18:54)]
[b said:
Very when all season tickets, comps, and tickets bought before last Saturday aren't recognised by the turnstiles as yet!
yeah my tickets for the 2nd game running didnt work , the guy said cause they changed the bar codes last week so older tickets were not working. I got to the ground 40 minutes before kick off and the queue for the family stand was nearly to the road which was pretty bad for that early and there was people still streaming in late in the west stand once the game had started.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ Oct. 09 2005,18:59)]More annoyed with those that get up with 5 mins left to stand at the back, and get in everyones way.

The West is allways doing this, simple next time get a s/t near the back, or get a ticket at the back,so you don't interfere with those who want to watch the game till the end.
mad.gif

Oh by the way who was the streaker  
tounge.gif
Barry THe Dogs Mum, shes a right dirty bitch

The atmosphere was indeed great today, not even spoilt by the irritating tit of a new P.A man. The loudness and sight of the ground singing we are top of the league at the end was quality.

Bit of a farce that we still had hoards of people entering the ground after kick off though. Nice little touch that the new machines wouldn't let any of us in as well!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 09 2005,19:18)]Attendance of 10,104 - and a quality atmosphere to boot.
biggrin.gif
thats the official figure

Post Edited by SZ

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Oct. 09 2005,20:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 09 2005,19:18)]Attendance of 10,104 - and a quality atmosphere to boot.
biggrin.gif
thats the official figure

Post edited by SZ
the official attendance doesnt count, I believe, the number of staff inside the stadium, which must be getting on for a good few hundred

Post edited by SZ

Not being funny but thought Flavs had a quiet game with not much to do, Eagle superb again, Gutts impressive, referee and p.a. announcer should both be struck of!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 09 2005,21:26)]Not being funny but thought Flavs had a quiet game with not much to do, Eagle superb again, Gutts impressive, referee and p.a. announcer should both be struck of!
Excellent diving save from a long rage shot in the first half.

Great in coming out and catching for anything in the area, punching away when under pressure (and not to an opposition player), showed confidence which spread to the defence.

As opposed to the Forest keeper who got one of the biggest cheers of the day when he fell on his a**e fluffing a goalkick

Back