• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They're not rejects though. Some might be, but others might not be signing a new contract for other reasons.

They're not rejects though. Some might be, but others might not be signing a new contract for other reasons.

What other reasons? Like losing interest in football and getting into girls and cars instead? Or turning gothic? Becoming a small-time ecstasy dealer? That what seemingly happened to half of my football team between under 15s and under 16s.

What other reasons? Like losing interest in football and getting into girls and cars instead? Or turning gothic? Becoming a small-time ecstasy dealer? That what seemingly happened to half of my football team between under 15s and under 16s.
Nile's still looking for a game I think, he'd be a good role model.:smiles:

I think Andy T is referring to all L1 players regardless of age and not just academy players who are giving up Pro football.

That said I do know someone who quit QPR at 16 to join the Royal Marines and has never regretted it.

Indeed. I'm not talking about academy players at all and neither was 'Napster' in truth.

I was talking about players choosing to not sign a new contract with their existing club, because they want to become a free agent and move to another club, but I guess everyone realized that, of course.

That said, I like the idea of a team full of goths walking out to 'Bauhaus' or 'The Damned'! :cool:

Perhaps it was having you as the manager .......................

It’s going to be a big summer for us, no doubt about that. I think we’ll lose players such as Coker and Oxley who’ll be big losses and we’ll keep players who should really be moved on. Hopefully with SCP contacts in the game he can bring in good, young players... especially after the poor winter window although I’d like to think that was mainly down to the short time he had.

I’ve been encouraged for the most part since SCP took over, we’ve had some excellent results against those who are fighting for promotion whilst having the odd blunder especially against Walsall. I think if we get in players Chris wants here he can mould us in to a club that can fight for the playoffs.

Maybe we could persuade Ben Watson to leave Forest and join up again with Duane Holmes. They were once quite a partnership.......

Consolidate our place in the division and have a cup run, whilst bringing through the youth and developing them into first team regulars.

Consolidate our place in the division and have a cup run, whilst bringing through the youth and developing them into first team regulars.

Agree, but not sure any manager will ever get that luxury of a whole season to consolidate again. Sturrock got away with it but only because he genuinely started with nothing - and some "fans" were still critical of him for finishing us mid table. Either Powell will have us in the upper half by Christmas or learned voices on here will want him gone. Our club is no different to the majority though - we all saw what happened at Scunthorpe recently.

I also don't buy all this "we have to keep Oxley" nonsense. It's a bit like the world ending if Ryan Leonard leaves - we're arguably a more fluid team since he's gone and his replacement has taken his chance with both hands. I'd certainly like to keep Oxley but if what he wants and what we're offering don't match up, there will be plenty of others out there. Equally Ted Smith is a year older than when he last played so it must be time for him either to claim his place or move on?

Agree, but not sure any manager will ever get that luxury of a whole season to consolidate again. Sturrock got away with it but only because he genuinely started with nothing - and some "fans" were still critical of him for finishing us mid table. Either Powell will have us in the upper half by Christmas or learned voices on here will want him gone. Our club is no different to the majority though - we all saw what happened at Scunthorpe recently.

That will happen if we don't win for 2 games in August.

Back