• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What needs to happen

What if the fans opposed the plans for the new stadium and tried to prevent it happening? I can see that being one way of forcing Ron out, it would also put us on the brink but Ron would be gone

Here's my (flawed, probably) thinking.

There's a covenant on Roots Hall that states development can't begin until the new stadium is ready. OK here's the bit - supposing SUFC goes under - no need for a new stadium as there's no club. Then RM can develop the Hall thus saving the expense of the new stadium. Or am I totally wrong?
That’s what happened to Scarborough. Covenant on the ground meant it couldn’t be developed. Club went under as it couldn’t move. Council bought the ground, scrapped the covenant and built a supermarket. When the club asked the council to scrap the covenant, the council said no.

What if the fans opposed the plans for the new stadium and tried to prevent it happening? I can see that being one way of forcing Ron out, it would also put us on the brink but Ron would be gone
And what’s the plan after that? We don’t own Roots Hall, Ron does. Where will we play?

That’s what happened to Scarborough. Covenant on the ground meant it couldn’t be developed. Club went under as it couldn’t move. Council bought the ground, scrapped the covenant and built a supermarket. When the club asked the council to scrap the covenant, the council said no.
They have a nice but small stadium now, ironically with some council support (I think), but it's all on a much smaller scale. I think this could well be our fate. But the new club is supporter owned and well run, so there are some positives.

The main thing that would help our prospects is to start winning some football matches!

I see trouble ahead!

Not a loaded question as I don’t know the answer….. are there any financial or legal reason that Ron keeps the club afloat?
can't think any, other than with the football club alive it justfies a new stadium.

Makes you think, if Humphries didnt score against Sunderland and we got relegated a season earlier....where would we be now!!?

"Running round Dorking with our ******* hanging out" I reckon"

Makes you think, if Humphries didnt score against Sunderland and we got relegated a season earlier....where would we be now!!?

Back in L1 with Adan B managing us and glad Ron chose him instead of Bond or Sol who have since both failed at Col U and Orient who were both relegated to the NL back in May?

Far better off. Nobody got relegated from League 2 the following season due to Bury and Macclesfield. We would have had the reality check then, got away with it, and been better placed to ensure we come 22nd and above the next year. Just like Stevenage have done.

Instead we now have to be exceptional in the NL and that does not look like happening any time soon.

Back