• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What players ?

EASTWOOD BLUES

what players would you take from our side that won the div 4 title and put into todays team. Mine would be

ron pountney
dereck spence
colin morris
dave cusack
and maybe mervyn cawston

Tough call between the Barratt / Sodje and Moody /Cusack centre back pairings

I'd prefer Stead and Yates over Wilson and Jupp

Combining the two years
Cawston
Stead Cusack Sodje Yates
Morris Maher Otulakowski Gower
Spence Eastwood

Flahavan Barratt Pountney Gutts Goater

dont want to ruin your side...

but...Colin Morris left us in the 79/80 season in exchange for Spence and therefore played no part in the 80/81 championship success, he was playing for blackpool at the time !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 26 2006,09:37)]oops....I should have realised that , was it Terry Gray that played wide right ?

looks lke the right side is the weak spot then...
Ronnie Pountney was wide right:

Cawston

Stead     Moody          Cusack        Yates

Pountney     Gray        Hadley         Otulakowski

Spence       Mercer

Sub: more often than not Nelson or Walker

More accurately the midfield would have been a diamond with Gray at the top of it and Hadley behind it.

So the "wide me" of that side were even less like Wingers than the current team !

It shows how the old memory plays tricks, I have always had Ron and Anton down as "centre mid"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 26 2006,09:59)]So the "wide me" of that side were even less like Wingers than the current team !

It shows how the old memory plays tricks, I have always had Ron and Anton down as "centre mid"
As I said it was more of a diamond. Dave Smith showing he was well ahead of his time as a tactician.

A masterstoke by Anton Johnson and his accolytes (McCutcheon, Cranston, Adams) to get rid of him and replace him with Peter Morris.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ April 26 2006,10:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 26 2006,09:59)]So the "wide me" of that side were even less like Wingers than the current team !

As I said it was more of a diamond. Dave Smith showing he was well ahead of his time as a tactician.

A masterstoke by Anton Johnson and his accolytes (McCutcheon, Cranston, Adams) to get rid of him and replace him with Peter Morris.
wow.gif
And he went on to do great things elsewhere...

Didn't he manage Aberdeen for a while ?

That was the beginning of a very bad period, no money, crooks at the helm (allegedly), just over 1000 at home to Halifax, grim days indeed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 26 2006,10:18)]
[b said:
[b said:

wow.gif

That was the beginning of a very bad period, no money, crooks at the helm (allegedly), just over 1000 at home to Halifax, grim days indeed
...and the Christmas Club money going missing, and the continuous p1ss taking at work.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ April 26 2006,10:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 26 2006,10:18)]
[b said:
[b said:

wow.gif

...and the Christmas Club money going missing, and the continuous p1ss taking at work.
mad.gif
And Billy Kellock, Glen Skivington, Steve Hatter
suspect.gif
wow.gif

Back