• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What price is acceptable?

• £350k or less

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • £350k-£450k

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • £450k-£550k

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • £550k-£650k

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • £650k-£750k

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • £750k+

Votes: 74 31.1%
  • Don't sell

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • Bart

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Had all gone a bit quiet other than a new contract offer from us, but now Sheffield United are apparently preparing an increased bid (http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...ades-prepare-new-bid-for-midfielder-1-8649108).

With one year left on his contract, what price would you accept for Leonard?

For me, I'd be trying to hold out for £500k at least. He's so valuable to us that pricing them out of the market wouldn't be the end of the world, but Ron might feel that he can cash in and get some more Kightly/Turner style signings to replace him.

If Lenny wants the move then it'd be hard to begrudge him it, but I think £500k would be reasonable.

Unless Leonard gets his Nicky Bailey on (which I don't think he will) I don't see Ron Martin letting him go for less than £750k. We're clearly geared up for a promotion push and Leonard is fundamental to that.

Sheffield United suddenly have an extra £5m and older league 1 players with only a year on their contract are going for 900k. I would hold out for £1m now.

At least £750k, still think he's worth much more to us in terms of getting promotion than he is by selling him.

If you believe the Sheffield United fans, Wilder has a value in his head as to Lenny's worth. I honestly don't think that he believed Ron would be so immovable so his bids of £300k and £350k were just not enough to get Lenny. So back he comes again possibly with a higher bid. I would be amazed if the offer is higher than £450/500k, after that they will look elsewhere. I reckon it will take a minimum of £650/700 to turn Ron around.

Unless Leonard gets his Nicky Bailey on (which I don't think he will) I don't see Ron Martin letting him go for less than £750k. We're clearly geared up for a promotion push and Leonard is fundamental to that.

The game has changed since Bailey. Leonard can earn triple his wage now by moving to Sheff U/Millwall. I can see his agent advising him to down tools if he doesn't get his move by late August.

Today, the financial gap between the divisions is so vast that more and more players will try and force moves. I don't think Sheff Utd will go higher than £450K. Unfortunately now, even if a player is under contract, there's not much a smaller club can do now if a bigger fish wants one of their players.

The game has changed since Bailey. Leonard can earn triple his wage now by moving to Sheff U/Millwall. I can see his agent advising him to down tools if he doesn't get his move by late August.

And if that happens then that's a game-changer.

Difference with Bailey is that I think he had two years left on a three year contract. Leonard only has 12 months to go until he's free and could back himself to have a great year this year and earn even more cash next season. I'd be surprised if Leonard calls in sick like Bailey did.

The one player in the team I think is irreplaceable, at least not without spending a lot of money. His energy and all round game will be vital if we are to mount a promotion challenge.

And if that happens then that's a game-changer.

Difference with Bailey is that I think he had two years left on a three year contract. Leonard only has 12 months to go until he's free and could back himself to have a great year this year and earn even more cash next season. I'd be surprised if Leonard calls in sick like Bailey did.

Added difference is that they're two completely different people anyway, didn't Bailey have previous and wasn't every move his "dream move"? Lenny just doesn't say such stupid stuff to the media and is just a lovely guy. I'd be really surprised if he tried this tactic to force a move.

There is no reason to believe an increased bid is imminent- just a bunch of people guessing that now they are getting money re Kyle Walker it automatically means they will be upping all their bids- many of these are the same sites and feeds who had the transfer being announced weeks ago- they no nothing or close to.

Bid may go up but to what Ron will accept- very probably not..

Trouble is, Lenny loves to drive forward, it's a massive part of his game and can easily be a match winner. Last season he was used more as a holding midfielder which isn't Lennys game. He may feel to get to play the game he wants to play, he needs to move on

If James Vaughan has just gone to the championship for £900k, Lenny must be £500k minimum. bearing in mind one year on contract and strikers tend to go for a bit more.

For me, we couldn't replace him ( with our budget ), so no price !

If we can look into the whites of eyes and see how committed he will be , notwitshtdibg his disappointment, he stays. Money's only worthwhile if you can use it to improve your team. Contract length is irrelevant insofar as footballing terms. Dack went for 750k, so how much to replace Lenny ... we can't

Keep him and let him drive us to the Championship !

Trouble is, Lenny loves to drive forward, it's a massive part of his game and can easily be a match winner. Last season he was used more as a holding midfielder which isn't Lennys game. He may feel to get to play the game he wants to play, he needs to move on

That's the worst part of his game, especially his final ball. He had his best season last year because of his defensive qualities and there is a real lack of those sort of players at all levels. That's why several Championship clubs want to pay him lots of money. When he's set up for life he will be pleased PB got the best out of him.

I think he's been a lot better since playing the holding role. When driving forward, sure he occasionally scores a long ranger, but he doesn't quite have the quality of final ball to play a more advanced role IMO.

There is no reason to believe an increased bid is imminent- just a bunch of people guessing that now they are getting money re Kyle Walker it automatically means they will be upping all their bids- many of these are the same sites and feeds who had the transfer being announced weeks ago- they no nothing or close to.

Bid may go up but to what Ron will accept- very probably not..

Their equivalent of the Echo seems to think otherwise.

If Lenny does go, we will have to spend to replace him as don't think there are many free agents who could replace him? So money would need to be reinvested to bring in a player with good energy levels that will win the midfield battles for us

Back