• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News What Ron Martin is looking for in Southend United's next manager

It’ll be Fagan, I’m sure of it after these quotes. Cheap, easy to appoint option for Ron. At least he is already familiar with the club and players.. and Rons BS so shouldn’t need to adjust to life here.

I was in favour of Barrett getting the job but there is no way Ron is paying a compensation fee.

Just because compensation would technically be due, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be asked for.

It might not even be needed. Rumours (and they’re only that) on the Millwall forum that AB might be let go in the summer anyway as the manager wants to bring in someone else.

It might not even be needed. Rumours (and they’re only that) on the Millwall forum that AB might be let go in the summer anyway as the manager wants to bring in someone else.
Of course Millwall could be playing cat and mouse with us hoping that Ron comes in for him so they can ask for some compensation. Ron may be playing the same game hoping to defer making a decision so they release him and he doesn’t have to pay.

I think it'll be Fagan, he may not have played for Southend but he has been involved with the club since 2016, if memory serves for part of this he was working for free to build experience which shows a level of desire that our last couple of incumbents had missing

The more I think about the more I want Barrett, Mayer and Tilly. It’s time, it’s the lift the club needs, it’s the people who have a love for Southend, it sounds like the kind of people Ron wants. How bloody excited would we all be if this happened?

I think it'll be Fagan, he may not have played for Southend but he has been involved with the club since 2016, if memory serves for part of this he was working for free to build experience which shows a level of desire that our last couple of incumbents had missing

I wouldn’t be unhappy if it was him. There are 3 names that I would like and that’s Barrett, Maher and Fagan in that order. Anyone else and I think we just go back into the same vicious circle we’ve been in with the previous appointments.

Also on Fagan didn’t we nearly sign him when Brown was here?

I'm sure AB is very happy at Milwall. It's well run with a good CEO, not far to travel and he gets paid

Back