• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What shall we do with the Cresswell money?

• Use it to buy players to strengthen the squad

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Keep it in the club to pay wages, debts and the taxman and hopefully stay out of embargo?

Votes: 99 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
However much we get, what's people's preferred option for the club to take?

Ron will be damned whatever he does, I'm just curious as to what everyone on here thinks

What we think should happen to the money is one thing but it is what Ron Martin wants to do with it is the crux of the matter.

For me, this lot needs to stay in the club primarily for wages. Let's start the season with everyone paid and feeling happy!

May be its just me, but I don't want us paying for players unless it is a nominal fee . There are plenty of decent enough players available for no fee or a minimal fee. Think of all the players we have had for free in the last 2 years , Cresswell included. Spending $100 000 a player in our current position is madness

I read on Twitter that Ron is going to spend it on pairs of Converse and a wig. I question if that's the best way to spend the money, but afterall, it is his club.

However much we get, what's people's preferred option for the club to take?

Ron will be damned whatever he does, I'm just curious as to what everyone on here thinks

You don't have a third option of strengthening through free transfers

Priority must be to pay someone to knock another hole in the wall of the west stands toilets so that people can get in and out and back to their seats in plenty of time before the cheerleaders start.

I'd rather we used it to pay the bills so we aren't under another embargo so we can actually sign enough players to make a half decent squad, and then paid their wages so some of them might want to stay. No point in signing players for money if after 1 or 2 signings we can't afford any more or to pay their wages and end up under another embargo and with the players wanting to leave.

If we got the kind of money CP has lead us to believe we got for Cresswell . The two player it is beleved P brown may be after would still leave plenty to pay off some of the bills or even pay the bill owed to get the embargo lifted .So my answer to your poll can be ticked in both boxes .

Jam man you keep saying all this money has been spent on bills .Who from the club is telling you this or is it just a hunch . PS I don't want to sound rude to your good self .

If we got the kind of money CP has lead us to believe we got for Cresswell . The two player it is beleved P brown may be after would still leave plenty to pay off some of the bills or even pay the bill owed to get the embargo lifted .So my answer to your poll can be ticked in both boxes .

This money wont touch the sides to get the embargo lifted.

Priority must be to pay someone to knock another hole in the wall of the west stands toilets so that people can get in and out and back to their seats in plenty of time before the cheerleaders start.

Or more importantly they can get to the toilets and back after the cheerleaders have finished.

:winking:

Back