• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Over the last three or four weeks my PS3's been slowly going a bit Bilel Mohsni... Turning itself off, taking a while to boot, starting fights with opposition strikers, erasing preset HDMI settings and the like. This culminated in yesterday's horror show of turning itself on while I was at work, ejecting the disc inside and having to be turned off at the mains.

Last night (of all nights, following FIFA's release) the console displayed a red LED but wouldn't turn on, which lead me to think it was complete wrecked and Sony offered me the usual fix for £131. Decided to splash out on a slim console with a good deal using some vouchers I still had.

Fast forward to this morning and, lo and behold, the PS3 starts working again. Only, I come home from football this afternoon, and it kicked off again with the turning itself on and ejecting the disc before becoming completely unresponsive.

So it's suffering from this intermittent problem of becoming unresponsive at times and suffering from occasional Moshni-esque fits of incompetence. Technically, it works and there's no YLOD or anything like that, it's just hugely temperemental.

I'm thinking, stick it on eBay with a full description of it's problems, or is that leaving me open for future problems?

Well it's obviously ****ed so get rid and make a few quid while you can.

Put a full description of it's faults on ebay and list it as faulty, but working. That way, you are covered. You will still make at least a ton on it and you can buy a few games with the cash.

Notice in my original post that I already said i've ordered a far superior console... It's scientifically proven that all Xbox users are homosexual.
Its scientifically proven that they are both pretty much the same thing, and that they both have the advantage of not being a wii

Donate it to charity with any old games that you aren't going to play any more.

Back