• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What to happen with Bale?

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
£600 k a week and not in the squad.
2 years left on his contract, 100 weeks of that money is........£,60 MILLION to play golf!

RM are in financial meltdown. (Real Madrid, not Uncle Ron, although true enough too).

What is going to likely occur? Any guesses?

If he really wanted to play he could leave for another club, hes not financially strapped. Got no time for him, just a waster.
He wanted to go to China but RM blocked it last minute. If clubs give a financial commitment to a player they need to honour it. I've heard spurs knew of his chronic back injury and were susprised he passed his medical. I don't think Bale could ever be a regular starter anywhere, this is probably the reason he is happy picking up the money and being fit for Wales games.

Pretty sure RM would have been happy to get shot of him and off their wage bill tho’ being at such a ridiculous pay level he’s never shown any indication to do anything other than keep taking the dosh......and play golf.

I've always found the Spanish media's obsession with Bale playing golf a bit bizarre, he's been playing up to it a bit more recently but I think that's largely because the media has used it as a stick to beat him with for years so he's figured he may as play up to it. It's probably one of the least problematic pastimes a footballer could have. Same with him not being a good Spanish speaker, Aguero can't speak English very well but the media here never criticises him for it.

Real Madrid fans are pretty entitled, they even used to boo C. Ronaldo if he had a bad game despite him being their best player by a country mile. Bale's contribution to beat Liverpool in the champions league final would make him a club legend anywhere else but since he isn't Ronaldo the Real fans hate him. Is he overpaid? Yes. Is he a bad player? No. I can't blame him if he feels a bit bitter towards the club.

Totally agree Pubey, no one knows what is going behind the scenes and yet Real come out smelling of roses, Madrid were happy for him to sign the contract, new manager comes in and doesnt like either him as a player/person, his style, maybe attitude, or just not part of his future plans

Bale content to run down contract, and a few photos make him like hes a sleep, no interested and yet they can be deceptive as we have seen with social distancing pictures

Note a bad ticket if you can get on the ride

Totally agree Pubey, no one knows what is going behind the scenes and yet Real come out smelling of roses, Madrid were happy for him to sign the contract, new manager comes in and doesnt like either him as a player/person, his style, maybe attitude, or just not part of his future plans

Bale content to run down contract, and a few photos make him like hes a sleep, no interested and yet they can be deceptive as we have seen with social distancing pictures

Note a bad ticket if you can get on the ride
That photo of Bale 'asleep' is a prime example of the media targeting him purely because he's Bale. The actual video shows Bale only did it for a couple of seconds and then started laughing with some teammates/staff, it was just a harmless joke but the Spanish media jumped on it by using an out of context photo and made out he was genuinely disrespecting the club and was taking a nap.

Pretty sure RM would have been happy to get shot of him and off their wage bill tho’ being at such a ridiculous pay level he’s never shown any indication to do anything other than keep taking the dosh......and play golf.
It is well reported that Madrid decided last minute they wanted a fee for bale. They could have been rid of him if they really wanted. I bet bale is glad he didn't go to China last year in hindsight though!

Why?

he’s won everything it’s possible for him to win. Scored a worldly in the final of the champions league. He’s paid a fortune and has great life, and been treated pretty badly by his club, who offered him that deal in the first place. Fair play to him if football isn’t the be all and end all.

Didn’t like his comments about England when Wales did well in the Euros. I personally think he’s arrogant and don’t like his attitude. I know he’s been treated badly and I know he is a great player but sometimes there are better ways of going about it.

It is well reported that Madrid decided last minute they wanted a fee for bale. They could have been rid of him if they really wanted. I bet bale is glad he didn't go to China last year in hindsight though!

He could have left by now if he had wanted and it’s not all RM’s fault he’s still there, but he hasn’t ‘cos it doesn’t suit him to....wonder why, eh? Sorry but I’m not a member of the Bale fan club like some.

I heard Madrid agreed he could go to China for free, then demanded a fee at the last minute because they were worried of the precedent if they started letting big players go for free.

As far as I know he's never strolled around refusing to do anything like Ozil. So I don't get the hatred for him. Not his fault they offered him too much money

I just wonder how clubs like RN and Barca can afford to offer such big wages and survive ,yes im aware its happening also with some clubs in england ,italy germany etc but not quite to the extent of those two clubs .Serves them right ,never had much love for them never will.

They both carry huge debt. RM ask their friendly bank as and when and had some highly questionable financial deals involving their training ground. Barcelona in the past haven’t had the dosh to pay players post-season. Both get the lions share of tv monies.
Neither, as pet clubs of UEFA, have been investigated.

Barcelona 2019 revenue surged 23% to €852m, the highest in the world, due to taking merchandising in-house and new Champions League deal.

RealMadrid revenue flat in 2019, but lower wages and €99m profit from player sales resulted in €53m pre-tax profit, the highest in Spain (though posted €44m operating loss). Financial debt down to €83m. Revenue will be boosted in 2019/20 after taking merchandising in-house.

They wanted a transfer fee apparently,otherwise he'd have been playing in China now.There's been a rule change since which precludes a move.

Last edited:
Which leads me to believe no-one thought a. he was worth buying and b. no-one wanted to pay him the sort of ridiculous dosh he was getting at RM. Though of course he could so easily have taken a pay-cut if he really wanted to move on and hence continue playing but would seem his wallet was more important to him than getting regular game-time.

Which leads me to believe no-one thought a. he was worth buying and b. no-one wanted to pay him the sort of ridiculous dosh he was getting at RM. Though of course he could so easily have taken a pay-cut if he really wanted to move on and hence continue playing but would seem his wallet was more important to him than getting regular game-time.

Don't think I've ever heard of a professional player at his level taking a pay cut to play.He is interested in golf though, apparently.

Back