• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
He was doing great at Chelmsford, in a rich vein of form and scoring. We needed a striker and Brown said he'd get time. In the four games he had about 5 minutes.

Should have got him on after Coulthirst decided to be selfish and try and run the whole length.

He was doing great at Chelmsford, in a rich vein of form and scoring. We needed a striker and Brown said he'd get time. In the four games he had about 5 minutes.

Should have got him on after Coulthirst decided to be selfish and try and run the whole length.

Being honest,

Phil has lost me with every single aspect of the game,so in answer to your question I have no idea,sorry!

There isn't one. Might as well loan him out to someone like Braintree for a month or two.

Completely agree. He's just single handedly hindered his development. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have done any worse than Coulthirst today and to be completely overlooked when chasing a goal and making subs was just ridiculous. If I were Williams, my confidence would've taken a slight knock today seeing as my manager would rather bring on an out of form winger up front over me.

Completely agree. He's just single handedly hindered his development. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have done any worse than Coulthirst today and to be completely overlooked when chasing a goal and making subs was just ridiculous. If I were Williams, my confidence would've taken a slight knock today seeing as my manager would rather bring on an out of form winger up front over me.

I said this after the first two games after he was recalled ands got 5 mins game time out of a possible 180. I feel for the lad, I really do. Getting game time and scoring goals at Chelmsford to bench warming back at Southend. It's rubbish.

As we have the option to bring a centre forward on if needed? I'm sure he would've learnt a bit being around the first team on Match day. I'd rather have the cover there than being out on loan.

I was saying exactly the same thing and have been since he was recalled.

If we have a fully fit squad it's clear that Phil Brown would not select either Shaq or B-Williams, to me that says their not good enough. If that's the case why not send them both back and replace them with two better loanees? To me a loanee needs to be better than what we have and warrant a starting berth each week otherwise I'd rather play my own contracted or youngsters.

That leads to my point and the relevance to the thread.....if Shaq is not deemed good enough unless we're down to the bare bones then why not throw in OUR red hot young forward Williams. I would rather play and develop our youngsters than other clubs youngsters if there's no real difference in ability.

If Williams is not good enough then why recall him and stop his impressive development - this recall may hamper his career in a big way.

Makes no sense at all

UTB

But then Browns selections make no sense to himself or others.How he can honestly pick Atkinson ahead of Clifford makes no sense ,especially when needing a goal,i think Brown more afraid of having a goal scored against us that he afraid to attack and score.Brown out! and the sooner the better

As we have the option to bring a centre forward on if needed? I'm sure he would've learnt a bit being around the first team on Match day. I'd rather have the cover there than being out on loan.

Exactly this. He's not first choice but you can't bring him on as sub if he is 20 miles away playing for another team...

I thought Weston was one of our better players today when he came on.

R u on a wind up. We call him cul de sac, just runs head down, clueless, goes no where with the ball, can't cross. If I was clifford, Timlin or Williams I would be royally ****ed off that Weston got on before them.

I get the sense that Timlin, like Clifford before him, is being frozen out. I hope I am wrong.

Exactly this. He's not first choice but you can't bring him on as sub if he is 20 miles away playing for another team...
But the facts are he does sub the forwards and doesn't bring him on . So under what circumstances is he actually going to play him?

But the facts are he does sub the forwards and doesn't bring him on . So under what circumstances is he actually going to play him?

Agree with you,

He banged in 7 for Chelmsford then Phil recalled him then discarded him in favour of Shaq and Joe who ain't even our players.

There is no point playing "our" player if he thinks "their" players are better.

At the end of the day it doesnt matter who they are owned by. Assombalonga was a loan and Tomling was ours, they both left the end of the season anyway.

Williams was brought back as cover, we didnt have Piggot then, even yesterday he was the only striker on the bench so still needed.

That said if we bring someone else in then Williams should certainly be sent back on loan to gain more experience.

Back