• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
what we need to do for the rest of this season,
1) ibelieve first the supporters must now rally around the team and support them
2) The club must at all cost avoid relegation, if RM needs to offer the players an incentive to do this so be it
3) We need an very quickly to sign whether they be loanees or on contract some fresh legs into the team.
4 )RM needs to hire a groundsmen ,to get the pitch into pristine condition for next season, that to me is most important.
5) start identifying players for next season as early as possible and if possible sign them as soon as possible during the off season so as they have a good preseason
6) put our up and coming youths on a off season training regimen that will build up their bodies etc so as they can withstand the knocks etc they will get playing senior football
I will not talk about management ,but clearly an overhaul is needed there and im not just talking about PB ,but the whole backroom team, things obviously need changing if we are to progress and not regress.

what we need to do for the rest of this season,
1) ibelieve first the supporters must now rally around the team and support them
2)The club must at all cost avoid relegation, if RM needs to offer the players an incentive to do this so be it
3) We need an very quickly to sign whether they be loanees or on contract some fresh legs into the team.
4 )RM needs to hire a groundsmen ,to get the pitch into pristine condition for next season, that to me is most important.
5) start identifying players for next season as early as possible and if possible sign them as soon as possible during the off season so as they have a good preseason
6) put our up and coming youths on a off season training regimen that will build up their bodies etc so as they can withstand the knocks etc they will get playing senior football
I will not talk about management ,but clearly an overhaul is needed there and im not just talking about PB ,but the whole backroom team, things obviously need changing if we are to progress and not regress.

I really don't get that point at all. Are they not already paid to do their job?
Why would they need to have an incentive on top?
If you are rubbish at your job would your boss say, "hey I know you are not doing well, here have some more incentives to do better" ? I doubt that, you would more than likely be sacked.

What we need to do is sack that clown asap before there is no going back, and the rot has set in irreversibly.
Only a new man with fresh ideas and a positive outlook can help us now - these players look unfit and disinterested, and why would they look anything other than that when you use Brown’s post-match synopsis as a parallel for how he manages them...ramblings of an idiot

what we need to do is score more goals than the opposition, to do this we need to actually try taking some shots, preferably on target.

Personally think we have the softest underbelly of any team I have seen. We need hardmen. Players who intimidate the opposition. We looked like boys out there on Saturday. McGlashan was so lightweight as were most of the team. Maybe Timlin and turner aside we are a team of weaklings.

We could really do with a young aggressive monster at centre back and a real horrible ******* in the middle. We could also do with a Barry Corr type player up top.

We are just too predictable and too tame for us to be effective. Atleast if we have some strength and aggression we have a chance.

We should also revert back to a flat back four for the rest of the season and just concentrate on being difficult to beat.

Stop changing formation and stop playing players out of position and ffs start giving some of our younger legs a run out.

A lot of the original post makes perfect sense. The problem is the fraud we have as a manger. He us known in the game as a complete you know what. Also looking at his recruitment overall I don't trust him to get new players in.
Have we sold a Phil Brown signing for a decent fee???

Stop changing formation and stop playing players out of position and ffs start giving some of our younger legs a run out.

This is one of Brown's biggest downfalls. He's constantly trying to outwit the opposition. Different tactics, different formations & different starting XI's each week doesn't allow the team to gel into a consistent rhythm.

He should be playing to the squads strengths.

After this statement I expect Buffalow to be getting to some games to support the side

get in the 3 best league 2 midfielders under 25 -

Yep, almost all L2 clubs are looking to sell their best players for cheap in January...and then thankfully no one in L1 apart from us are looking to buy these players so wages will be cheap.

Yep, almost all L2 clubs are looking to sell their best players for cheap in January...and then thankfully no one in L1 apart from us are looking to buy these players so wages will be cheap.

You forgot to mention that Southend will also be on the top of the list of clubs they want to play for :smile:

Would be interesting to see how many different combinations of defenders we've used this season. I think Brown needs to identify a formation and a first-choice defence, and stick with it.

I am still not sure on where a lot of the players were playing on Saturday, and it increasingly looks like they're complete strangers to each other which is perhaps unsurprising given the sheer number of changes we make every week, enforced or otherwise.

A lot of the original post makes perfect sense. The problem is the fraud we have as a manger. He us known in the game as a complete you know what. Also looking at his recruitment overall I don't trust him to get new players in.
Have we sold a Phil Brown signing for a decent fee???

No, and it was the same at his previous club Hull. He signed a lot of players but hardly any of them were sold on for a profit.

You forgot to mention that Southend will also be on the top of the list of clubs they want to play for :smile:

Do we really want to sign players who blatantly lie about Southend being a dream move for them?

I would prefer to sign honest players with really low standards.

What we need to do is get used to the idea that this season is going the same way as every Third season in this division has for the past 40 years .

We have never stayed in this division for longer than 4 seasons since we were first relegated from it.

This is what our club is ....

What we need to do is get used to the idea that this season is going the same way as every Third season in this division has for the past 40 years .

We have never stayed in this division for longer than 4 seasons since we were first relegated from it.

This is what our club is ....

There is that shining ambition our fans are so famous for again! It is ok, we get relegated every third season, so we should just all keep our mouths shut and go down with a whimper.

Back