• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sillyshrimper

Mascot
We are of course now over the 12 (or 13?) match winless run we had and have since won three on the spin. But what can we put this sudden change down to? Was it something we were doing wrong before or something we are doing right now? Can we put this down to the arrival of Loza and Murphy? It all seems very odd to me.

And of course before the winless run we had beaten Portsmouth, Millwall and Chesterfield.

We are of course now over the 12 (or 13?) match winless run we had and have since won three on the spin. But what can we put this sudden change down to? Was it something we were doing wrong before or something we are doing right now? Can we put this down to the arrival of Loza and Murphy? It all seems very odd to me.

Easy Phil listened to me:winking:

Pace. Opposition defenders turning back and facing their own goal defending, it's what we forgot to do in that 13 game spell.

Our bad run started after we played Hull .Or was it after we lost prosser .Or was it since the in coming of Loza Murphy Egan and Socolik .Or maybe its because all the clubs in the top half apart from Scunthorpe have gone though bad runs take oxford some 8 points clear of us a while ago now 4 points behind us .Lets hope that we have now turned the corner and our 6 game unbeaten run goes on untill the end of the season .

Luck as much as anything. Even during the bad run there were no thrashings, and comparatively few goals conceded. Although it was 12/13 games without a win, it never felt too far away, and involved more draws than defeats.

Erm....a solid defensive pairing.

We have had a solid defence all season apart from the odd blip,Main problem had been lack of goals,During these 3 games we have won 6 1 on aggregate or an average of 2 per game so with that ratio we will win far more than we lose.

Not a great deal has changed imo...two centre backs that I dare say are the best pairing in this division and we started scoring again.....a word on loza great debut but two very forgetful performances since

PB was unlucky with his 2 loan signings that got injured on their debuts - you can't legislate for that happening when you have a tight budget.

You never know, but even though neither completed a full match the terms of the loan deal left us with a monthly wage contribution that needed to expire before any replacements could be signed?

As i pointed out some weeks ago in a post , the heavy pitches and also the lack of a stable central defensive pairing, they took its toll,also lack of penetration up front.thats what my wife pointed out to me LMAO:blush:

I dont actually think much has changed other than one game giving the team a massive boost in confidence.

Its very easy to get into a poor run and it is a confidence game, I think we just got ourselves into a rut and needed something to fire us back into winning ways.

That spark came in the form of Loza against Oxford on top of a very good team performance. Unfortunately he hasn't manged to put in another performance like that but the team still had the benefit of that very good win and has done them the world of good.

Other than that there are other positives, the centre back pairing has done very well, and changing to having two out and out forwards certainly had an impact on the Oxford game.

Last edited:
Back