• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
stick or twist with the manager .......

keep putting money into the club or pull the plug again......

get a crew cut ?

go bust ?

build Ron Towers on the greenbelt ?

take up Yoga ......

get Sir Steve back and blow the budget on Moussa ....

just wondering

Turn his back in L'oreal and be the face of fructis

On a serious not i havent a clue , but the sooner we can move on to site and get building the better

Ron Martin will do nothing more than he has allready done .Being a Ron martin moaner as most of you .I will say one thing in his case .He and the money men have backed Paul sturrock with what little money is to spare .He kept his mouth closed for most of last season and with a little help from his friends he kept the wolves from our doors . Lets all hope that over the summer the finances are kept on a even keel and we can strenthen the squad .

So, where are we with FF? I've completely lost track of it all.

Is is likely that the building will start soon or is the new stadium just a pipe dream?

Do we think it will all be sorted in a timely manner and we'll take charge of our 3 sided new home or will Sainsburys have their shiny new store and we'll be left to find somewhere to play?

If Ron had designs on getting rid of Paul, would all of these players have been released yesterday? Surely if you were going to install a new man those decisions would have been left to that man.

If Ron had designs on getting rid of Paul, would all of these players have been released yesterday? Surely if you were going to install a new man those decisions would have been left to that man.
No, I don't see that, they were all players whose contracts expired at the end of the season.

FF needs the plug pulling on it, for all the money it has/will cost us - we can't fill RH for a play-off 2nd leg, so why do we need a bigger capacity?!

FF needs the plug pulling on it, for all the money it has/will cost us - we can't fill RH for a play-off 2nd leg, so why do we need a bigger capacity?!

Swansea never filled the vetch , but sure fill there new stadium in the prem as do reading etc etc etc

Sufclee no. Without a manager or a new one those very players would have been released anyway in my opinion. Remember the relegation we suffered with Whelan? Instead of axing him immediately we left it till the end of june to do so. Also Ron axed Little when we were on the throws of the play-off places so who knows. Timing hasn't always been the Club's greatest strength.

I expect Martin will persist with PS and see where we are league wise come December.It would be crazy to get rid IMO; Yes we're all disappointed we didn't go up,and perhaps his style is sometimes over cautious,but he has done a very good job in my opinion.

BARNETBLUE I agree with you. I also said see how Luggy fares in the first 10/12 matches of next season to see if we are still ticking along under his stewardship. He merits that chance in my view.

So, where are we with FF? I've completely lost track of it all.

Is is likely that the building will start soon or is the new stadium just a pipe dream?

Do we think it will all be sorted in a timely manner and we'll take charge of our 3 sided new home or will Sainsburys have their shiny new store and we'll be left to find somewhere to play?

Couldn't even fill Roots Hall with possibly our most important game for years, 20,000 plus new stadium could now be off the shopping list.

Swansea never filled the vetch , but sure fill there new stadium in the prem as do reading etc etc etc

Ha ha ha! Yeah, fair point, it'll do us good to have a bigger stadium, since we're on the brink of playing premiership football! Ha ha ha!

No no, with where we're at and the state of the club's books, any fool with a solitary brain cell rattling around upstairs knows that it's a pointless venture. One day, perhaps...

Ha ha ha! Yeah, fair point, it'll do us good to have a bigger stadium, since we're on the brink of playing premiership football! Ha ha ha!

No no, with where we're at and the state of the club's books, any fool with a solitary brain cell rattling around upstairs knows that it's a pointless venture. One day, perhaps...

Yeah because obviously Swansea Reading Hull etc etc were all premier league when they decided to jump ship to a new stadium.

Infact when we were under tilly both ourselves and swansea were averaging around 8k in league one with us at roots hall and them at the vetch.

Even when they moved they were still averaging around 10k in league 1 and around 12-14k in the championship.

The point is without that stadium and the additional income it provided they would probably still be in league 1 averaging 8k per game at the vetch.

Ofcourse we dont need a new stadium for league 2 football , but we want to eventually play top league 1 or championship football and roots hall is delapidated.

I know many people who wont come to roots hall because of the views and the facilities are poor.

Build it and they will come.

Brighton are another massive example.

Pretty much every team that leaves for a new larger stadium enjoys atleast a brief rise in attendance and league position.

Some experience a hell of a lot more.

Staying at roots hall is terminal and not an option

For what its worth i do think that 22k is too big a stadium for us . I think an initial bowl design with 16k would be much better short term.

Back