• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm down for the Blackpool game, so you can bet we'll turn it around from then as last seaon we picked up after the MK Donkeys (which was my first of the season).

Can you pop along to Fleetwood tomorrow so we can have our turning point that bit sooner?

And what will the Brown in brigade say when we are in the bottom 4 with our squad fully fit?

Indeed it was and can be attributed to a number of things.

How about that one-on-one that Macca missed at Charlton or McGlash' ridiculous and needless foul that lead to that late winner at home to Bolton.

Maybe the penalty at Millwall that should have been given.

Or Bristol Rovers not holding onto that 3-3 scoreline for more than 5 minutes on the last day.

There's all manner or reasons but, let's be honest here. Would we really have done well in The Championship this season?
Bearing in mind how bafflingly difficult it appears to be for us to sign players at this level, we would be a laughing stock had we got promoted.

Overall, although it was close and there were several decisions that didn't go our way, we finished outside the play-offs on merit. We were woefully unprepared at the beginning of the season and that ultimately caught up with us despite our hugely impressive mid-season performances and form. By the end we were utterly, utterly knackered and let's be honest, we wouldn't have won the play-offs anyway.

I'm just glad that we're stabilising in League 1 at the moment. We'll probably have to call on our youngsters on occasions but hopefully this will reward us in the future. As great as promotion would be, realistically we'll probably have to wait until next season to have a real crack. The performance on the opening day was absolutely fantastic but we've been lukewarm and too inconsistent since then.

When in six short weeks Phil has stopped the rot, our crocks are back looking solid as the proverbial and we sit in the last slot in the playoffs?

May I have a repeat prescription again please doctor.

Indeed it was and can be attributed to a number of things.

How about that one-on-one that Macca missed at Charlton or McGlash' ridiculous and needless foul that lead to that late winner at home to Bolton.

Maybe the penalty at Millwall that should have been given.

Or Bristol Rovers not holding onto that 3-3 scoreline for more than 5 minutes on the last day.

There's all manner or reasons but, let's be honest here. Would we really have done well in The Championship this season?

Millwall seem to be doing OK.They're currently 16th but it's early days.Same as us really.What division would you rather be in?

To be 7th in 6 weeks time we would need to have maybe 30 to 32 points. We have 7 points now and 8 league games in the next 6 weeks, so we will probably have to win all 8 to be in 7th place by then!

Well that's 3 wins in a row. Might only need to win 3 more on the trot to get into the top 7:smile:

Bearing in mind how bafflingly difficult it appears to be for us to sign players at this level, we would be a laughing stock had we got promoted.

Overall, although it was close and there were several decisions that didn't go our way, we finished outside the play-offs on merit. We were woefully unprepared at the beginning of the season and that ultimately caught up with us despite our hugely impressive mid-season performances and form. By the end we were utterly, utterly knackered and let's be honest, we wouldn't have won the play-offs anyway.

I'm just glad that we're stabilising in League 1 at the moment. We'll probably have to call on our youngsters on occasions but hopefully this will reward us in the future. As great as promotion would be, realistically we'll probably have to wait until next season to have a real crack. The performance on the opening day was absolutely fantastic but we've been lukewarm and too inconsistent since then.

Spot on, Kris.

The stabilizing of the club and bringing through some younger players would be a good base to work from for a couple of years, at least.

I like where we are. It's a tough division and every match is testing our size of club, but we are showing improvement in the squad and starting to utilize our own players, rather than loanees.

I saw a bit of the Under 18's this morning and was impressed.

Club looks nicely settled at the moment, from top to bottom. Coaches/managers who are developing their age group sides and set-ups and a first team getting results.

Think we are in a good place. :thumbsup:

Back