• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

avila05

I have been reading the "Tour Discussion" with some interest. If the Trust achieve their aim and obtain a seat on the Board what will realistically be achieved? How would the Trust member vote? In my experience of Board Meetings Directors vote during the meeting so there will be no opportunity for a poll of members views. How are the Trust going to nominate their representative? I am all for having a Trust representative on the Board but the clear divisions within its own membership may ultimately prove the downfall to the objective.

As I said on the other thread, I doubt it would have any effect whatsoever.

Ron Martin calls the shots, thats that.

The member would sign Non disclosure agreements so wouldnt be able to divulge anything more than we get now.

I really think people overestimate what having a member on the board would achieve. If anyone thinks we would have a say in how the club was run they are deluded.

It allows us a say via way of the trust members voting a representative to act and vote in the best interests of the club not just from a return on investment perspective.

It allows us a say via way of the trust members voting a representative to act and vote in the best interests of the club not just from a return on investment perspective.

Which if its not what RM wants will be ignored.

Having a seat means little if it carrys no weight or leverage surely ?

absolutely_nothing.png

I agree that having a Trust Member on the Board would probably have little weight in reality , but would add two points.
One , that it's better to be on the 'inside' getting nowhere than on the 'outside' - nothing to lose and who knows what ( however little ) to gain.
Two , Chairman come and go in time and views , opinions , ways of working change.
I'm not saying the Trust will run the Board on even influence it greatly , but if the opportunity arose , take it now and see how it develops in time.
Better to go forward slowly than not at all.

As I said on the other thread, I doubt it would have any effect whatsoever.

Ron Martin calls the shots, thats that.

The member would sign Non disclosure agreements so wouldnt be able to divulge anything more than we get now.

I really think people overestimate what having a member on the board would achieve. If anyone thinks we would have a say in how the club was run they are deluded.

No, but they'd be able to come on here and say, "I know somethign you don't" more often!

Seeing as Ron holds 76% of the shares and runs the club like a dictatorship i imagine having a Trust representative on the board would be a little futile sadly

I thought the trust were due a seat on the board after the contribution to the last pre season, or have I got that wrong?

It always makes me laugh when people have a cant do attitude, how the hell do most people achieve there goals if they all thought "what's the point". Maybe just maybe change can happen, 1st step get on the board, 2nd step actually get heard 3rd step voting rights. The list goes on.

3 years ago amidst the recession I started a business and a lot of people ummed and arrhed and said "you must be mad". 3 years on we employee 10 people, our turnover is now 7 figures and we have posted profits each year. If I had listened to those people I would still being frustrated by a boss who wouldn't listen.

Let's start looking at this board position positively and ask what can it do for the fans of sufc rather than its a waste of time?

would at least be a voice, whether ron listens or not is irrelevant, just some representation. Although the fans being privvy to just how precarious the financial situation is may be a bad thing for ron, I spoke to the manager of a local business yesterday who is owed money from the club and are not confident of seeing it in the near future

It always makes me laugh when people have a cant do attitude, how the hell do most people achieve there goals if they all thought "what's the point". Maybe just maybe change can happen, 1st step get on the board, 2nd step actually get heard 3rd step voting rights. The list goes on.

3 years ago amidst the recession I started a business and a lot of people ummed and arrhed and said "you must be mad". 3 years on we employee 10 people, our turnover is now 7 figures and we have posted profits each year. If I had listened to those people I would still being frustrated by a boss who wouldn't listen.

Let's start looking at this board position positively and ask what can it do for the fans of sufc rather than its a waste of time?

I would love the Trust to have a person on the board but you have to face the reality that Ron Martin owns the club and will do what he wants/has to do.

Any place on the board will not carry any substance because there is no financial weight behind it.

People are expecting that if the Trust had a place on the board they will somehow have some control, they wont.

If I had a billion billion baked bean cans I couldnt get to the moon by piling them up just because I had a "can do" attitude.:smile:

would at least be a voice, whether ron listens or not is irrelevant, just some representation. Although the fans being privvy to just how precarious the financial situation is may be a bad thing for ron, I spoke to the manager of a local business yesterday who is owed money from the club and are not confident of seeing it in the near future

Anything confidential would be kept confidential by non disclosure agreements. So if in a board meeting the finances were discussed they wouldnt be able to come on here and tell us. In fact what could they actually do?

As for having a voice, we have one. If we arent happy the trust can still raise it with the club, I dont see what sitting at a table in a board room would achieve.

They can say whatever they want and vote however they like, Ron will do what he likes, or what he feels he has to.

If we can get someone on the board from the trust then it should be done, but I think people are expecting too much if it ever happens.

I would love the Trust to have a person on the board but you have to face the reality that Ron Martin owns the club and will do what he wants/has to do.

Any place on the board will not carry any substance because there is no financial weight behind it.

People are expecting that if the Trust had a place on the board they will somehow have some control, they wont.

If I had a billion billion baked bean cans I couldnt get to the moon by piling them up just because I had a "can do" attitude.:smile:

Anything confidential would be kept confidential by non disclosure agreements. So if in a board meeting the finances were discussed they wouldnt be able to come on here and tell us. In fact what could they actually do?

As for having a voice, we have one. If we arent happy the trust can still raise it with the club, I dont see what sitting at a table in a board room would achieve.

They can say whatever they want and vote however they like, Ron will do what he likes, or what he feels he has to.

If we can get someone on the board from the trust then it should be done, but I think people are expecting too much if it ever happens.

JM my point is we need to start somewhere. How do we know what the current voting rights are? Maybe they are equal? Currently the trust is 1 meeting removed via the liaison meetings so to be at board meetings they will either vote or certainly influence if RM does have controlling vote. It's better there at the table than the next table along. I don't expect huge changed just the ability to have a say.

Back