• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would we like Ron to do next?

What do we want to happen next?

• Ron to appoint Sol Campbell quickly

• Ron to appoint someone else quickly

• Ron to wait until Millwall have decided on Barrett, even though it might mean missing out on someone

• Ron to start again

• Ron to wait for Larsson to find another assistant

• Ron to make Waddock caretaker to December

• Ron to make Waddock caretaker until the end of the season

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gone for Sol, quickly.

I am growing fond of Ron's statements though so if there is a delay and he provides regular statements I won't be too angry

Have voted for Barrett, provided he has assurances that he'll have time to rebuild next season, whether we're in League One or League Two. I just think that everything connected with Southend United needs a lift and this appointment - with his passion and deep knowledge of how we work as a club - will provide that instantly.

However, I wouldn't be upset with the appointment of Sol Campbell either. He has played consistently at the highest level of the game and did a great job at Macc in exceptionally challenging circumstances. Plus, there's a chance he might get our goals against average down from 17.4 per game to something more reasonable...

Well if it means getting a deal from Barratt Homes to build on RH, then obviously Sol is your man. Beyond that I am unsure of his desire or application for staying at the club and giving continuity. I think he sees himself on a larger stage and not necessarily in football.

Get Campbell in.

We haven't got time on our side, What if Millwall take 3 weeks to find a replacement and then choose Barrett,we've wasted another 5/6 games and most likely Sol would defo say at this point if we went back to him.

Barrett for me. It will be Waddock this week even if someone is hired. Allow maximum time to get Barrett.

Happy with Barrett or Campbell, though I voted Campbell as he’s available now. End this bizarre courtship with HL, we don’t have time to muck around ..

Sol first for me, happy with Barratt as second choice. Just think Sol has the experience at Macc to help him, and he'll demand the respect of the players. Plus he has a massive desire to succeed and prove a lot of people wrong. I'd love to see Barratt back at RH but its the bigger risk of the two for me.

I voted other,I want AB to get the job, but I need to know what Ron is up too? Has he paid HMRC today? Is he trying to sell the club? Let’s hope he honest with us? No one will want the job at the moment with all this not being transparent.

I voted other,I want AB to get the job, but I need to know what Ron is up too? Has he paid HMRC today? Is he trying to sell the club? Let’s hope he honest with us? No one will want the job at the moment with all this not being transparent.

If he was trying to sell the club to Larsson&Co, then Tommy Johnson pulling out of being Head of Recruitment would have made no difference.

Back