• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What would you do and say tomorrow?

I just think were all so frustrated at a season that could have delivered so much if it wasn't for the 10 point deduction.

If I was in there I'd be focusing everything on playing the ball through to Cardwell and Waldron, whenever Waldron is on the ball something seems to happen, he's exciting but if you don't provide him with chances he can go a bit missing. He needs feeding.

Brilliant post. What is starting to annoy me is the shouts and moans of ‘get it forward’. It deffo annoys Maher as he’s had 2 rows now with people in the east greens over these comments. One such comment when a player did play it forward and lost the ball, he turned round and said ‘and that’s why we don’t ****ing do that’. 5 mins later we scored through a nice slow build up play…who knew huh?
Yep, think Currie has had similar exchanges with some of the East greens lot. One last season where, again, somebody shouted "get it forward" and Currie turned around and said something likev"would you rather we Boot possession away? Or keep it, recycle and have another go?".

There is no better example than football when it comes to using the phrase "opinions are like arseholes". I'm guilty of thinking I know better too, although that has been when we've had dinosaurs as managers. Maher is a *modern* UEFA Continental Pro-qualified coach. I trust him.

I guess II'ma bit biased because how we're aspiring play is how I like my football played, so I have a bit more patience with it.

So I answer to the question, I'd keep drilling them in how they want them to play. I'd be emphasising quickness out of the blocks though. Get on the front foot and press high from the start.

Yep, think Currie has had similar exchanges with some of the East greens lot. One last season where, again, somebody shouted "get it forward" and Currie turned around and said something likev"would you rather we Boot possession away? Or keep it, recycle and have another go?".

There is no better example than football when it comes to using the phrase "opinions are like arseholes". I'm guilty of thinking I know better too, although that has been when we've had dinosaurs as managers. Maher is a *modern* UEFA Continental Pro-qualified coach. I trust him.

I guess II'ma bit biased because how we're aspiring play is how I like my football played, so I have a bit more patience with it.

So I answer to the question, I'd keep drilling them in how they want them to play. I'd be emphasising quickness out of the blocks though. Get on the front foot and press high from the start.
The press is key IMHO. We tend to play better when our press is more effective. It sets the tempo of our play and, of course, gives us more time on the ball which suits the possession style of our play.

I guess it depends what we're now expecting out-of the season and base each game talk around that.

Some of the optimists here will be saying we should still be aiming for the playoffs. Personally, whilst I admire that, the realist in me says that is a bit too much of an expectation taking into account the squads physical status at this stage of the season.

The pessimists will be saying do anything to stay away from the relegation zone, as only a bad couple of results can see us hovering there again.

The realists will be saying, taking into account the 10 point deduction, the mental battles this squad has had to deal with and the physical tiredness of the squad, mid-table consolidation is what we should be looking for. (For the record I'd love to know the stats of sides given a 10 point deduction and where they finished - @Napster may be able to help here).

We all want attractive pressing football and clean sheets every single game, with promotion at the end of it. But we have to be real and evaluate the season so far and accept that's not on the menu this year.

Next season, however, with a good pre-season, further squad strengthening and a level playing field in terms of points, it's reasonable to ramp up the pressure on the players. For now, I would accept mid table, but set the mentality of what is expected going into next season. As long as we are not losing, and regularly creating chances, then what we are doing presently is OK. We just need to keep it running till the end of the season.

I would do what someone suggested with Bridge, but with Gus as well.

Them two go off on their own with Cards, Sandat, and Waldron (especially after saturday) and cross the ball to them over and over. and over. and over.

And then when they have scored 100 goals from crosses and headers they can do it again, and again.

Then they can have a pint and some pizza and then we can all crack on with our lives but with them not missing headers from 5 yards.

I would also bring back the blue belles for them on the training session before game day, I don't think it's a coincidence we have been cack since they went

Back