• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would you do with our loanees?

Who would you keep?

• Total voters
There’s no way I would sign Bunn. He’s too expensive, injury prone and hasn’t even really looked amazing when fit.

Hart I don’t think I would sign either. Good going forward, but really below par defensively. Often caught out of position and not strong enough. I reckon we could sign a better left back if Coker doesn’t stay.

Moore is the only one I would happily sign. Really nice bloke, good attitude, good ability and young enough with enough potential to develop into a top class player.

Powell signed Bunn because he played for him at Huddersfield.

Bond or AN Other will have different ideas on who they want to sign and it will make a difference whether we stay up or not.

Moore will be going back to Bristol, so I won't even speculate.

Hart I like, but I'd pass on him [I think]. It's not that he can't defend, he's dogged at times, but I'd rather a defender that is more composed. Definitely needs to step down a league and might benefit from moving into left midfield.

Bunn is another that I like but again, I'd have to pass. He likes having the ball at his feet and running at defenders which is something we lack. But we discuss the risk of signing Hyam because of his injuries. Fast forward and his played a quarter of the season. The club a, can't continue taking a punt on these players and b, shouldn't if they know first hand it's going to be a struggle keeping them fit.

Given our shocking league position and all 3 of these players have been involved I wouldn't keep any of them

Absolutely staggered Bunn has 40 votes...lightweight powderpuff and ineffective player....send back to Bury, although sure they won’t want him back.

Hart very weak defensively and for all his attacking threat very little end product. Coker is a far better full back

Moore...some good games..and some woeful performances...I certainly wouldn’t build the side around him but might be worth a punt

We should definitely give Bunn a lifelong contract. He's just a mine of pastry based puns. Who cares if he's ****e?

With Moore and Hart both on Championship contracts for another year they wont be taking a 50%+ pay cut to sign for us.

If we are that keen then the only options might be an Anton type situation where their contract is partly payed up and we make up the difference as a new signing. Or they come back here on loan...…..

Either way after Wycombe and Walsall we might haver a better idea what level of player we will be targeting for next season.....6 points and it could be Hart and Moore, 0 points and we will be looking along the Atkinson and Deegan shelf.
If the chairman has ambitions to bounce straight back then he would have to be looking for div 1 capable players surely?

HARRY Bunn is focusing on his football and not his finances as he bids to help Southend United secure their League One status.

More...

Back